dusting off my 77 aspen sport project.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
i barley got started on my last thread on the fabo site but heres the actual site so heres my thread.

i bought this car 6months ago in the condition its in the picks for a whopping $1000 talked him down from 1300 drove the car back with the gas it had in it. the car came with quite a few of the options available for the year ...
fender mount turn signals,a/c,buckets,console,power brakes,remote drivers side view mirror,fold down rear seat,318/904

she had 21,XXX when i bought her now has 27,177she is my daily driver/running project.

ill be loading pics of what ive done to the car so far and catch u guys up.

Picture 476.jpg

Picture 478.jpg

Picture 479.jpg

Picture 481.jpg

Picture 482.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I see gumout and a lower control arm in the back on the floor board...you got a great deal if your foot doesn't go through the floor...:icon_cheers: get the pictures up soon and go into great detail about what you are doing..Eric

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
lol u noticed that but not the dodge keyring.lol the a arm came with the car as did a complete pass side tail light with mint chrome trim peice.i am as we speak be fore bed getting the pics ready to post some stuff ive done on her i will post pics now of a before and mid after pic comparison of the engine. the first pic minus the brand new rad cap washow i got it(the old cap had the rubber washer just was non existant spewed antifreeze evreywhere.)

Picture 477.jpg

Picture 499.jpg

Last edited:

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
trunk info and spare shots

i had also put some time into the trunk area as well cuz from my knowledge dusters had bad trunk rust so figured this might found not to much and put on truck bedliner.with the roller and osphoed the whole thing before the bedliner then finished it off with a vynal mat peice and some oceanfront carpet from the local hardware/flooring.i had to give it a lil sound system so i put 2 600peak watt boss 6x9's and was able to use the cover for the speakers and didnt cut the back board. and also i loved how the spare rim came out im kinda nit picky about lil stuff like that,also a shot of what ive been doing (slowly) to the interior useing sem black plastic vynal paint. heres what turned out.

Picture 514.jpg

Picture 515.jpg

Picture 516.jpg

Picture 517.jpg

Picture 518.jpg

Last edited:

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
heres a pic of the engine compartment today not many changes cept new parts powersteering pump,volt reg,valve covers and some others.

been pretty lame around here weather wise spring is on its way.then im back to the grind stone.

Picture 519.jpg

Picture 520.jpg

77RTNJ

Reaction score
kickin

Nice Car.
Is that the factory carpet on the quarters in the trunk? Mine had that and that is where my rust came from, the carpet holding the water that leaked in. Is the carpet glued on? It looks like yours never got any water in the trunk. It is probably because you have the chrome window trim. On cars like my R/T, they did not have the chrome trim on the window, so once the sealant got old, water would leak at the window and rust the quarters. Just keep an eye out for water. The bedliner stuff should help also to keep rust at bay.

Kevin

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
well heres what i ran into there was a lil rust in the bottom of the lower qauters nothin huge i decided to drill a small hole in the bottom of each side.
so if water did enter it would exit and the bedliner really does help keep the water from sitting on metal its pretty much made to get wet and not rust im pretty sure.

mine had no carpet,i wanted to do the carpet for a clean maybe showable trunk lol im nit picky as ive mentioned lol..i had the whole inside bedlinerd with a brush for tough spots and roller for the texture.

i did not glue the carpet for the simple fact if i wanted to take it off and clean it i used snap together velcrow and custom cut each peice of carpet.

found my water leaks are coming from the taillights....

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
27 now yes lol was like 21k its my dd tho. i love her....she has a flu tho i gotta figure out why shes idleing weird i think the carb is junk myself,so does my dad.

D Dodge

Reaction score
The Eddy carb on mine runs rich. It floods out after the car is warmed up. I've adjusted it several times but it still does it.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
if anyone needs this info the stant part # for a new fuel cap is #10746 got mine from napa for under 10 bucks nice new chrome and gloss black handle..the po of my car had a cap that fit but didnt fill in the indentation for the fill hole. this is the correct one for these cars.
getimage.php

77RTNJ

Reaction score
That is the cap I have, as the PO had a locking cap on it and they did not have the key. I got a fuel neck from a cordoba at a u-pull it yard that uses the newer style of screw on caps. I am going to see if I can mod it to fit my car and install a cap like the one below from an 84 Charger, it is what was on my Shelby Charger that I wish i still had. It is similar looking to what was on the Super Coupes. Plus i will have a screw on cap. I will do that when i move the tank to do the exhaust.

Kevin

10815.jpg

Back