Empty spaces in the instrument cluster

• Thread starter Deleted member 1959
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1959

Hi
The empty spaces in my 79 LeBaron instrument cluster - What instruments would originally fit in here ?
I would really like a rev counter, but I suppose these spaces are too small for that.

68.jpg

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The expensive alternative is to have the unnecessarily large gas gauge replaced with a combo tach (main dial) and gas gauge (subdial). Speedhut can do that (speedhut.com). They can do a lot of things, one of the most interesting is the GPS speedometer, which takes away any considerations regarding speedometer gears/cables. Even if you change tires/rear gears, speed readout stays accurate.

77 LeBaron

Reaction score
Hi
The empty spaces in my 79 LeBaron instrument cluster - What instruments would originally fit in here ?

Well you have the defroster which is empty on my LeBaron, the middle two are warning/idiot lights the center cluster on the left houses the "Windshield Washer Fluid Level Indicator" the right side cluster houses "Brake System Warning Lamp" and the "Oil Pressure Light" . So the Windshield Washer Side would be your best bet.

D

Deleted member 1959

Thanks for the ideas. I Think the idea of replacing the gas gauge with a combined tach/gas gauge is interesting. I don´t know if Speedhut will be able to make one that looks exactly like the speedometer though.
About the speedometer and GPS: Mine is actually almost exactly accurate - according to the speed measuring stations along the road. My 2014 Nissan daily driver is about 8% over the actual speed... Well done Chrysler. :)

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Speedhut can use custom fonts. Problem is; finding the correct font. I remember that Nocar340 had said that he had found the correct font, but he hasn't been on here for a while. You may want to have a talk with Speedhut if you decide to go that way.

89.Fifth

Reaction score
Font is not a problem. I can take the original lettering and create a "custom font" for lack of a better term. Basically take high res images of the original font, create an alphabet in Illustrator and have correct artwork. It wouldn't be a font in the strict sense but you'd be able to recreate the letters accurately.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Only real way to know is to ask them. They do say that they have an ability to use custom fonts and designs. Whether that applies to the 5th Aves. aluminum/silver faced gauges, I don't know. The black faced gauges on the Fs and Js would be a higher probability.

Back