WANTED Exhaust Manifolds 89' V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

89.Fifth

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking for a set of stock exhaust manifolds for my 89 318 Fifth Ave.

Doing a motor swap soon and mine might be cracked so I'm looking to put a new set. Shipping would be to 11735

Camtron

Reaction score
I have both left and right exhaust manifolds available off my 89, 318. Heat riser works, no cracks. Will ship for $115 total.

image.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Those exhaust manifolds rarely crack. The occasional broken stud or loose bolt, maybe. Before jumping on a pair of exhaust manifolds, look at the A.I.R. pipe that bolt onto the (very) rear of the exhaust manifold. Those pipes tend to rust out causing an exhaust leak. I would say rusty A.I.R. pipes are the most likely for an exhaust leak. Go get 3-4 paper towels and get wet and get some gloves. With engine running, take those wet paper towels to back side of engine and see if the exhaust noise gets quieter. If so, you found your leak.

Your pipe will not look exactly like this one, but at least gives you an idea what to look for (the red arrow to the black pipe). They are held on by a ½” head bolt, one per side. The gaskets to the exhaust manifolds are hard to find, so be careful with them. A person might be able to remove it to get a better look at it – if you can’t find a leak.
360-V8m.jpg

BudW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back