Exile in Tennessee coming to an end

80mirada

Reaction score
For those who don't know, I am an Iowan who has been living in exile in Tennessee. My lovely wife has spent three years studying to become an Episcopal priest at the Seminary of the South at the University of the South, Sewanee. She has graduated, I have left my crappy University job, and we are packing to return to Iowa. So now we are waiting on her first "call". Hopefully this means the Mirada project will commence by this time next year, god willing and the creek don't rise.

The great irony in most of this is our oldest, who has been counting down the days till we leave Tennessee, wants to board at the school he has been attending.

We get to be unemployed and "homeless" for a few months, staying with friends and family. This is going to be interesting.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new life.
There's always a hill at first but it sounds like you're over the hump.

80mirada

Reaction score
House is almost packed, help is coming at the end of the week, the wife's surgery went well (in IA), and I have some projects lined up to keep me busy after the move.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Packing and moving ... I'm hoping that is in my past.
Hospital surgery - excellent news. Soon you will be on your way to the next big adventure.

80mirada

Reaction score
I have made it a week at the Mom -in-laws. Tools and stuff are stored about 45 minutes away, with my Mirada. I will have some surface rust to treat. My lovely wife is recovering well from surgery, and now has an ordination date from the Bishop......just need a job placement.

Justwondering

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Lets hope you'll soon be reunite with your Mirada (of course, after the wife is recovered, ordination complete, and posting made)....

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Perhaps she will develop a proper blessing for a Mopar.

Good luck to you both!

80mirada

Reaction score
WP_20160606_17_14_29_Pro.jpg

Going to need some rust converter.....

80mirada

Reaction score
Bishop says early August, but they don't know if there will be a job for her so now she is allowed to apply to other diocese......about three months after all of the other grads.

Back