F body heavy duty rad.

Ele115

Reaction score
I have an OEM 70 Mustang 429 radiator in mine, and it's a very good fit. I had to re-do the trans cooler lines to get them in though. I only did it because I had this. I would rather have not had to do the tranny lines though. I have a place that makes really good radiators not far from here, but they aren't cheap and they aren't fast either. They don't use plastic.

volarebb

Reaction score
My 499 stroker has a Be Cool radiator in it. The 383 car I bought had an aluminum A Body rad in it. They both fit well.

Magnum Aspen

Reaction score
The previous owner put a Be cool radiator in my car too. It had a 360 hp crate motor with a silly, 292 degree duration, cam. It was be cool 62016. I am not sure if they still sell this or list it for this application.
It required different hoses and trans cooler lines. It also required adaptor brackets, but it did fit the core support. The fan shroud also required modification.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Great timing on this topic...

I've been running a replacement 2-core rad in my coupe (part #43-3959 - ReadyRad (Proliance)). No complaints actually, but since I'm in the middle of pulling that motor out I was thinking that now would be the best time to potentially upgrade the cooling capacity.

The new motor is a stroker (small block - 408), so over all a bit more heat I suppose...hard to quantify though.

Therefore, I'm curious what are the well-fitting aftermarket radiators for our rides? I'm not looking to move to electric fans, nor do any major surgery to mounting brackets (although I already am using a set of flat plates to mount the V8 rad into what originally was a/6 car).

Appreciate any/all input gents!

Thanks,
-Dariusz

Back