F head pipes?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a direct fit set of dual head pipes for the f-s?

I know TTI makes an a body set but its over $200 for just the head pipes and im not sure of fitment.

Ive a pattern set that I think can be made a hair bigger and I might even see if the shop would cut me a deal on a few sets.

But for my use, these are good for flat current mufflers or even the round glass packs.

But when this was in the car with full dual ex. it was a good working and sounding setup for factory manifolds?

DSC07271.JPG

DSC07272.JPG

Ele115

Reaction score
I had several f body A38 360s with the dual exhaust. IF you could find that pipe, it would be expensive. I may have the part number, but I'm not home. I used to have the page for the exhaust system, it was a weird one. You're probably going to have to get it made locally. It's a breeze on a computerized Champion pipe bender, or even a manual one for someone my age that knows how to use one.

Ele115

Reaction score
The factory one goes into two small cats, finding that will be next to impossible, last time I found one was years ago and it cost me $$$. I saved the parts page because I thought I was going to have to make the pipes. I will look when I'm home. You'll definitely be paying over $200 no matter what you come up with. Good tubing will be over $100.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Im sorry I should of said direct fit aftermarket head pipes, Cats are not a concern to me, but I know they are to some. I was just talking about first segment of a simple dual exhaust. I was just thinking about the head pipes from manifold to small muffs, weather flat or round.

There are many good head pipe kits for A-s and others, none real costly except the TTi-s oem type which im not sure would fit.

Oh well I will just get a pair bent up to match what ive got.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the A-body's had a flat flange at the exhaust manifold (which required gaskets). I “think” in '72 (or so) Chrysler got rid of the flat flanges and went to a ball design (gasket less) that FMJ V-8's use.

If you could find some late A-body (340/360) – then I would think they would fit and work well.
I take that back, the drivers side A-body exhaust manifold went up and over the steering gear – so scratch that last sentence.

Abody 340 flat.png

340 Flat
Abody 340 ball.jpg

A-body ball design

I'm assuming you are planning on using exhaust manifolds?

Most 318's used a ball design. All but the late 340's used a flat design. 360's were ball design – but difference was with the A-body Left exhaust manifold exit.
What about B or E-body head pipes?
BudW

Back