Factory Parts Book => 82-88 PDFs

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Folks!

I have a complete Mopar e-fiche for '81 to '09 model years here, these would be the dealer 'Parts Book' publications.

Specifically relevant to us though are the F/M/J-body materials...and since it's a pretty steady topic of discussion I thought I'd toss the PDFs out there (hosted on my server), so if you need this, go ahead and grab it. The links will stay up permanently, so this isn't a "up for the next 2 days only" type of a thing.

Here is the listing:

1) 1982
2) 1983
3) 1984
4) 1985
5) 1986
6) 1987
7) 1988

If you need anything else for these years: Jeeps, Dodge Truck, Front Wheel Drive stuff, let me know what you're looking for and if this e-fiche has it, I'll get it over to you.

Enjoy Folks!

BTW: if you try the link and you're getting no response, come back later and try again, most likely I have the web server down for some maintenance.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you @M_Body_Coupe

I have basically the same thing, Mopar part PDF's from about 1960 to 2010, but have been unsure on how exactly to make it available. I've asked our forums owner about it and he said he doesn't want the liability of having them attached to his network.
BudW

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Thank you @M_Body_Coupe

I have basically the same thing, Mopar part PDF's from about 1960 to 2010, but have been unsure on how exactly to make it available. I've asked our forums owner about it and he said he doesn't want the liability of having them attached to his network.
BudW
Yeah, I get that, hosting content vs hosting the link to the content are entirely different things...although different jurisdictions have different rules even when it comes to that.

Anyways, for what it's worth, if you'd like to share any additional stuff (provided that it is legitimate - in my case I downloaded the PDFs from a Mopar dealer site where the links were readily posted and accessible by public), do not hesitate to reach out and we'll figure out a way to get these up on my server.

From a personal perspective, how DO I get my hands on the 1980 & 1981 PDFs if you have these?

I actually have a still shrink-wrapped 1980 and 1981 Parts Books here, it's been on my "to do list" for a long time to start scanning each page, pump it through some OCR software and actually get stuff loaded into a custom built database. However, that requires a pretty good amount of effort and over the years it's just been far too easy to just open up one of my other parts books and leaf through the pages (heck, kind of more fun actually...LOL).

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a lot of work to copy 10 pages, not counting hundreds upon hundreds of pages - most of which has no relation to FMJ's. I think I might find another solution - if I was considering that much work.

The 1980 & 1981 Mopar parts files came in several different PDF's (one for each section) for some reason - which I do have in PDF format. I just made a separate directory for both years.
My newer service manuals are the same way - which is (also) a pain.
BudW

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have both of them
Screenshot 2022-01-18 004117.png

I would like to see if there is an '80 or '81 guide in one file - but not anything for anyone to go out of their way to find.
BudW

69-

Reaction score
That would be my offer as well :)

Any chance on full partsbooks for 79 - passengers and trucks? I have the CD versions, but every now and then a page is missing...
Same for 69 passenger and trucks (light trucks, but I guess they are together with medium trucks).

dkamp

Reaction score
Great info about the Manuals.
Any chance you have 77 Diplomat Parts manuals?
If so seeking info on Front suspension part numbers.
Can you post it here or direct me to a link? or email me a jpg?
DKamp

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Great info about the Manuals.
Any chance you have 77 Diplomat Parts manuals?
If so seeking info on Front suspension part numbers.
Can you post it here or direct me to a link? or email me a jpg?
DKamp
Well, the good news (great actually) is that all F/M/J-body suspension parts are basically identical.

There certainly are model year specific TSB parts that attempt to correct certain design/implementation specific issues, but otherwise, looking at any of the front suspension layouts will basically be identical across all these years.

Some things that I am aware of that ARE different:
1) brake caliper/hose routings
...that's it!

Others I hope can/will chime in with additional insights...

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The early F & M-body brake lines went around the front of the car instead of along the firewall - so those early F/M's have brake hoses that attach to K-frame at front side of K-frame (green arrow, below):
20171116_113941 a.jpg

This is from my '77 Volare wagon. The red arrows point to front. This picture is on front edge of R/F wheel. The green arrow is where the brake hose has bracket that attaches to K-frame.
20160415_120302b.jpg

Front edge of L/F wheel. Don't pay attention to the red circle or yellow line, on this picture.

This the late F/M and all J-bodies: The first picture is from my '86 Fifth Ave and other was swiped from Google.
20160411_153503 b.jpg

Red circle is the lack of front mounted brake line/hose.
89 Dip LF a.jpg

Rear Hose/Line attachment.

The FMJ's also shares a few parts with the R-body/'74-79 B-body suspension system.

Since mine is a 77 Diplomat, I can use same part numbers listed above on the 82?
For the most part.
To use a newer K-frame on an older F-body (like my wagon, for example), I would need to either convert the front brake lines to the newer system (harder) OR drill new holes in the K-frame for the brake hose bracket (easier).

BudW

marty mopar

Reaction score
I have ALL the Mopar part books (truck and car) from 1929-2012 in paper, CDs from Chrysler and microfiche.

I have extras of some for sale but have the core set for my use in my business

I never used the microfiche and would be happy to see it get a new home

I also have lots of COS catalogs: Cancelled Obsolete Superseded. These are paper and show
superseded numbers. The print dates are from 1976 to 1996. These can be useful as that info is gone
from the dealership systems. They will say a part # is invalid when you call them if it is old enough.
It is a valid part # but that info is purged when it is old enough. These are for sale.
Picture shown is one from 1970. NS means not serviced (discontinued), U with another number means superseded to

As far as the CDs I got from Chrysler they cover 1982-2012. I believe after that date the part books were
sent directly to the dealerships to their computers and you have to call one to get any help on part numbers
from them using your VIN so they can look it up.

You can PM me if you need any other info or want to see if I have a part book you need

IMG_1305.JPG

Last edited:

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I might be interested in the microfiche stuff.. something is better then nothing.

I was told years ago that when dealers started getting the parts books digitally they only went back so far and if a dealer didn't keep the old stuff they couldn't look it up. But I've only run across one or two dealers that had that problem.

Enchalay

Reaction score
I have a complete 1978 Parts Book that I can look up/shoot a copy of a page if anyone has a specific need.

marty mopar

Reaction score
I sold all of my excess part books and other literature, but still have the core parts books in paper form 1929-1996

and CD's from 1982-2012 car/truck

As far as I know anything after 2012 you have to go to a dealer to get that info.

Back