Family affair

Reaction score
Got my son into the hobby, he bought a 79 volare wagon to cruise with my 81 diplomat wagon

20210701_105641.jpg

Duke5A

Reaction score
This is really cool. My father and I have a similar thing going on, but he's got an M coupe and I've got an M sedan.

LSM360

Reaction score
Yes very cool. I love the color of his wagon and the wheels. What's his wagon got in it? Six or eight?

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Nice!!!

I tried something similar with my son...but countless times out into the garage just didn't light the spark for him (and that's even after having done a spark- plug replace on what was my daily-driver Mazda6 wagon).

Anyways...the minute I started to ponder purchasing a 2020 Subaru STi, his ears perked up and it's been a different kind of a "it's a guy car kind of a thing"! My point being: different wavelength...happy to hear you and your son connected on the same frequency!!

LSM360

Reaction score
Nice!!!

I tried something similar with my son...but countless times out into the garage just didn't light the spark for him (and that's even after having done a spark- plug replace on what was my daily-driver Mazda6 wagon).

Anyways...the minute I started to ponder purchasing a 2020 Subaru STi, his ears perked up and it's been a different kind of a "it's a guy car kind of a thing"! My point being: different wavelength...happy to hear you and your son connected on the same frequency!!
Have you tried severe beatings on your son? LOL, yeah it's understandable different generations :)

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Yep, there is something I have always really liked about the F's, ever since they first came out. The wagons in particular are, IMO, one of the nicest designed wagons I know of. Yet, these are actually really OLD cars now. I have run into younger folks who have no idea what a "Volare" or an "Aspen" is, and have never even heard of them. What I find nice it that they seem to be gaining more and more credibility in the old car hobby finally.

bruue1

Reaction score
I get more looks, thumbs ups, and compliments in my 1980 Aspen sedan than I ever expected. Especially from kids 20 years old and younger, including my 13 year old son and his friends..

My boy knows the names and specs of every modern sports and super car, etc... He keeps track of how many of each he's seen and in what town, including in our own town. He has a long list, he has seen a lot of them. One day he listed a bunch to me, then he said "and I've never seen another Aspen on the road"

I think your wagons are beautiful, I think these F bodies look better every time I look at one. Especially the one that belongs to my son and I. I'd love a wagon too, looks like fun.

armataz

Reaction score
verry cool. the way gones are getting really popular now days, now that people are looking for SUV's un like the neighbors.
they are also fun to personalize

Back