Fender Tag Frustration (When missing)

slant6billy

Reaction score
As much as I have an addiction for these F body coupes- the kit cars, the super coupes, the R/T, and the Roadrunners or any of the flare / spoiler louver cars, it is getting frustrating.

I found a Super coupe Aspen in the summer. Did my research. Was all over the car. Car was a great car. One problem. "No Fender Tag". The members in "the Know" on these cars were strong on their advice as to the value of the tag-less car. Cautioned me on the ceiling price. Thus, the price came down (not as low as advised by the members) and I missed the sale. I had cash in hand too.

Skip to present time: I've been eyeing a second S/C Aspen. Less money, but more repair needed. Owner just got back to me, that he does not see the fender tag. I just sent him examples and location diagram. I hate to make effort for the seller, but if it is missing, I'll pass. If it is just hiding under the cable bundle on top the fender, then I hope the seller just tries again for the verification of the plate.

I hope not to piss off the seller, but I am trying to be a responsible buyer. That is a real stretch for me. I mean, I will buy wheels before I even have a car lined up. I even bought exhaust before the car. So smart buys and me are sort of an oxymoron. Hence Cool F body (the Oxy) and me (the moron, who goes coocoo for cocoa puffs for cool F bodies)

Justwondering

Reaction score
I have good news and bad news for you.

Bad news.
The symptoms you describe lead me to diagnose you to have a chronic condition for which there is no cure

Good news.
You are not alone

DCAspen

Reaction score
I see you as that little prancing Lucky Charms guy.......and new blue diamonds.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
slantbilly.jpg
SuperCoupe-cheap-$5235 US
1978 Dodge Aspen Supercoupe | classic cars | Winnipeg | Kijiji

David Clark

Reaction score
Just me, but I could Care less about the Fender Tags, Yeah, they would be nice but to me it doesn't really matter. Of Course I am not restoring these things and trying to make a buck on them. I am buying them for me and my family to DRIVE. LOL. The 77 T-Top Volare I have out here has no Fender tag. Did that stop me. Nope. Bought it anyway for parts mostly, until I noticed the underside of the car is like 99% rust free. Now I am not sure if I want to part it out, or fix it up. LOL.

Back