Fifth Ave Electroluminescent Side Marker Lights

gporeilly

Reaction score
The original electroluminescent side marker lights embedded in the roof pillar chrome on the Fifth Avenue and other models left much to be desired. These lights normally only lasted a few years and then dimmed out to the point they are non existent.
I found and installed the perfect replacements from glowhut.com

They offer a full range of light products and the one to replace the side lights on the Fifth Avenue is " One Foot Electroluminescent Tape/Panel with 12v El Inverter"... $27ea

Ensure you buy the set which includes the new modernized EL inverter for years of trouble free and bright marker lights. I installed mine 3 years ago and still working fantastic !!

The replacement tape panels are available in several colors to personalize and for different effects .... the one listed as white is the closest to the original but it still has a blue hue. This is the one I went with and extremely pleased with the result.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
The original electroluminescent side marker lights embedded in the roof pillar chrome on the Fifth Avenue and other models left much to be desired. These lights normally only lasted a few years and then dimmed out to the point they are non existent.

They offer a full range of light products and the one to replace the side lights on the Fifth Avenue is " One Foot Electroluminescent Tape/Panel with 12v El Inverter"... $27ea

Ensure you buy the set which includes the new modernized EL inverter for years of trouble free and bright marker lights. I installed mine 3 years ago and still working fantastic !!

The replacement tape panels are available in several colors to personalize and for different effects .... the one listed as white is the closest to the original but it still has a blue hue. This is the one I went with and extremely pleased with the result.

was it this?

http://glowhut.com/12-x-125-inch-el-paneltapebacklight-with-lead-wire-and-conn12125.html

gporeilly

Reaction score
Electroluminescent Side Marker Lights

Yes... this is the right strip but you have to buy this strip with the inverter as that is what gives out in these older models..... the listing shows this strip AND the inverter for $27

It's unbelievable the difference this replacement makes... very bright and even throughout the entire strip. ... Note these are not neon as appears in pics

DSCN0367.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

Last edited:

Mr C

Reaction score

All I see on their site is 12 inch electroluminescent strip with 9 volt batter inverter?

http://glowhut.com/12-inch-electroluminescent-strip-with-9-volt-batter-inver129.html

I don't think that will work, will it?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It is here:

http://glowhut.com/electroluminescent-panelel-tapeback-light-with-12v-invert12.html

I would like these for the Cordoba Crown coupe that I have. Do you know if they can be cut to lenght, because on that car, the lights were just an incadescent lightbulb in a houseing, and are only 8-9 inches long.

Kostas

He mentioned over here that you can trim them to desired length.

http://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/cla...Chrysler-5th-ave&p=35147&viewfull=1#post35147

lowbudget

Reaction score
When I e-mailed him he said they could be cut to fit. I have mine but I was too busy to put them in.

Mr C

Reaction score
I'm going in to replace my opera lamps and bought the 12 inch strip with inverter that was specified on this link...what I got sent to me by glowhut is 1.25 inches wide and will need to be trimmed to be more narrow to fit the housing. I am very leery about trimming these as all of the posts mentioned trimming the length only. Before I start cutting I'd appreciate confirmation that these are able to be trimmed in the width dimension too.

Thanks

lowbudget

Reaction score
I either called or e-mailed them as I was leery also. They told me to cut away. So I did and no problems.

Mr C

Reaction score
My strips arrived...upon testing, one is faulty, so I'll be sending it back for replacement.

Glowhut told me they do not recommend cutting, so I will not be trimming them, and I'll figure another way to get them mounted in the housing.

Probably won't get this done until after the holidays now.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I wonder if red lights would be legal here in Utah?
Yes. That's a actually a Federal consideration. White, amber or red would be legal while any other color would not. If an officer were to attempt to ticket you for it, you might want to ask him if you should cover your federally-mandated side-marker lights, then suggest he get busy ticketing every 18-wheeler trailer on the road. :D

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My strips arrived...upon testing, one is faulty, so I'll be sending it back for replacement.

Glowhut told me they do not recommend cutting, so I will not be trimming them, and I'll figure another way to get them mounted in the housing.

Probably won't get this done until after the holidays now.

Please post pics when you do.

Back