Firm feel ps

CM360

Reaction score
Anyone use the Firm Feel power steering box?( I, II or III) Is it worth it? Thanks

tallhair

Reaction score
I've got a Stage 2 FF box and yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was most definitely worth every cent.

Can you give a rundown of your experience with it? Meaning how would you describe the difference before/after.

Also was anything else changed at the same time as the FF unit in the way of suspension / handling?

Last question do you think #2 is just right or would you go for #3 next time?

J/k .. one more question: have you ever driven a car with FF #1 / a Dippy cop car? If so can you describe the difference? (that was actually a 2 parter :) )

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I would describe the difference as about the same between a standard car with a recirculating ball steering box and one with a steering rack. I mean, it obviously isn't rack and pinion but the difference feels about the same. With the stock box, it was constant correction to go in a straight line and curves were worse. It's like the steering wheel was connected to the tires by a rubber band. When I did the alignment, ended up with about 3.5 degrees of caster btw.

Can't comment on the suspension/steering. I already had literally a brand new suspension and steering system. Only "old" parts are the hard parts like the control arms, center link, knuckles, etc. All new bushings, joints, tie rod ends, tie rod sleeves, one new NOS t-bar, one I rebuilt, etc. Even overhauled the stock steering box (never again, lol). If you meant changed from stock, no. It's all bone stock and used rubber bushings. The only real non-stock thing is the poly k-frame mounting insulators.

For me,,,,,,,,,,the Stage 2 feels just fine. Personally, have a feeling the Stage 3 would be too stiff on my particular car. I went with the one recommended by the guy (forget his name right now) at FF. Described the car and what it's used for and he recommended the Stage 2.

Never have driven any Mopar with anything but a stock, standard box (or rack and pinion). I take that back. Back in the day I drove a buddies AAR 'Cuda once and it handled great. Not sure if those boxes were different or not or just a quicker ratio................

Only reason I didn't get a FF box right away during the build was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I ran out of money. After 10 years of work building the car and who knows how many dollars,,,,,,,,,,well, you know how it goes. All I can say is the $450 or so dollars were worth it.

Back