Five (5)... Five Planets in one night

Justwondering

Reaction score
I was finishing up what I could on the a/c compressor replacement for the 87 fifth avenue this evening. Putting my tools up in the dark.

Walked to the house and saw Mars.
At the landing going upstairs I saw Jupiter and Saturn.

Top of the stairs I saw Venus.

Looking down I could see Earth.

What an amazing feeling... 5 planets in one night within minutes of each other.
Makes me realize how insignificant this a/c problem is when compared to such a lovely universe around us.

JW

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I am fascinated by the cosmos and watch a lot of documentaries on YT about it. I find them calming and reassuring. All this stuff that we stress about every day doesn't matter when you consider the enormity of time and space. Here is one that I watched last night that was quite interesting, if you disregard some of the silly comments of the narrator.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Oh yes.
International space station and the various manmade satellites.

I have a friend who uses her trampoline only for watching the stars. What a wonderful idea.

There are some evenings that the nighttime show starts with two bats squeaking and eating bugs for about 30 minutes before dark. Haven't been able to entice them to take up residence in the bat house, but its there if they change their mind.

Great video.

Some nights the milky way is just outstanding.
My hope is someday to see the 'northern lights' in person.

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
How the Universe Works, The Planets, Ancient Alien's and similar type shows are some of my favorite to watch. It's always hard to wrap your mind around space going on forever, without end. Billions of stars, in billions of galaxy's in the universe and, without going to far out, who's to say there aren't billions of universes? I mean, how could anyone know for sure either way? Think of some of the stars you see at night and how many of them might not even exist anymore, since the light we see is from millions or even billions of years ago. Ouch, my brain hurts now, lol.:eek:

Here's a picture to put it all in perspective, showing the stars we can see from earth with the naked eye vs the size of just our galaxy, let alone the universe. Dang...........
aKBRWm6_700b.jpg

Back