SOLD FMJ NOS Torsion Bar Assemblies

Status
Not open for further replies.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Contact seller
FMJ NOS torsion bar assemblies

Ive several sets to sell, they were just over $300 per (each) the last time you could get them from the dealer. $600 a set. Ive two sets and one spare to sell.

Located in Western KS, Ship only to lower 48 USA Only.

Shipping would be like $75 to $125 east or west.

There are several pics in this post. But I will get some more.

WANTED - M body torsion bar bushing

Message me here, I check a couple times a week.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
$600 a set plus shipping, Sorry I didnt make that clear. I dont know of any part thats not worth what it was when new.

1952 d100

Reaction score
I would be interested in buying some torsion bars. One of my bars has to be cranked on a lot more than the other to get the ride height. These are good for a small block? I have replaced the other type torsion bars a couple times, but this is my first time dealing with transverse bars.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Hi,

I snapped a couple more pics, Ive tried to keep them in numbered L_R sets and ive a pair 526 (right) 527 (left). And have one set of them left.

I sold one set this past week, and ive used two sets on my own projects on the past few months.

They are semi easy to change, just like any suspension parts you got to take all the loaded weight as possible off them, put the front frame on stands, back out the T bar adjuster all the way, break down the lower arm, ect.

Not that it matters now but I was actually wrong on what I listed and a friend corrected me, these were closer to $400 a pop the last time you could get them from the dealer, it was also listed on the dippy site.

One set I cleaned up and made like new, the other set I used I put on a survivor car and it put the ride height and ride back to like new.

These all came from a older dealership in Tennessee, moderate humidity, ect so I expect a good service life from the rubber components, no different then a T bar end bushing sitting in a box on a shelf.

But this is my last set to sell and ive one single left to sell or gut for parts.

Since I drive my cars very little, I do put a 6x6 under the front K when parked to keep the weight iff the bars. The one set I just replaced with the T bar adjusted in the same location I gained almost 2 inches of ride height, thats how much they lost in 40 years of being weighted.

To ship they bolt together nice on the mounts butted up so its one item, odd shaped and heavy.

If youd like me to get a ship quote, pm me your zip. The pair I just sent to Ohio was $86 for shipping, just off the top of my head to NY, crazy guess maybe $120???? As they get the weight and the odd dimension/handling fee.

DSC00032.JPG

DSC00033.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
These have all been sold, except for the one spare.

I will post the spare in a separate listing.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back