SOLD FOR SALE - Antenna from Diplomat Cop Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallhair

Reaction score
Contact seller
FOR SALE - Dippy Cop Car parts - Half Wave Antenna

Diplomat Cop Car antenna - I've been told this one may be a "quarter wave" antenna .. or at least that that was a thing. Maybe this one is not

$75 - I wasn't able to find any for sale on the interwebs so I don't know if I'm in the right ball park or not

I intended to get pics of the whole length and they didn't come out or I imagined I took them. It is straight though and looks good when I pulled it out for pics.

PM me with questions or offers. Send email and phone please as I'm not here often

Thanks for the ad FMJ bodies

Located in Southern IL near Salem IL

100_7739.jpg

100_7740.jpg

100_7741.jpg

100_7742.jpg

100_7744.jpg

100_7745.jpg

100_7746.jpg

100_7748.jpg

100_7739.jpg

100_7740.jpg

100_7741.jpg

100_7742.jpg

100_7744.jpg

100_7745.jpg

100_7746.jpg

100_7748.jpg

Last edited:

tallhair

Reaction score
I am open to offers and just put a price there for the rules :)

I thought maybe the bracket was worth something too but I suppose it would be easy enough to fab up.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
hey capt' you need this for the luxury cop lol
or maybe brother good

Nice try. :icon_fU:
No way man....I'm on serious parts hold.
I have three cars to deal with as it is.....
Don't you want that for your Lincoln? :eusa_clap:

tallhair

Reaction score
hey capt' you need this for the luxury cop lol
or maybe brother good

Nice try. :icon_fU:
No way man....I'm on serious parts hold.
I have three cars to deal with as it is.....
Don't you want that for your Lincoln? :eusa_clap:

$50 OBO :)

I've been thinking the antenna would be protected nicely in a piece of PVC. I'm happy to ship anywhere in the US incl freight forwarders and might even ship out of country but I've never done that .. assume prohibitively expensive.. esp for this thing

Anyone near me interested ?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm out simply because I have my hands full.
But yes....shipping to Canada has become insanely expensive.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I think it would look good on brothegoods dip with color matched squad rims

If I was going to keep it the cop look, id consider it. But im going to the other side of the law with the look I'm going for. imagine if Dan Gurney had raced a 4 door Diplomat...keeping with the look of his Cudas.

tallhair

Reaction score
Did I mention I'm negotiable?

PM me if interested ... it's pretty straight and I'l provide pics as soon as I can get back over there

tallhair

Reaction score
The antenna is pretty straight with 2 very slight bends near the end almost unnoticeable

100_8089.jpg
100_8090.jpg
100_8091.jpg
100_8092.jpg

100_8089.jpg

100_8090.jpg

100_8091.jpg

100_8092.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
The antenna was installed by the department, so it's not a specific Mopar piece. My suggestion would be to clean it up real pretty-like with some Mother's Mag & Aluminum polish (the paste stuff in the little jar) and hit up forums/sites specifically oriented to police cars... that opens your customer base threefold, by including the Coprice and Crown Pigtoria crowds. You also may find out that it's a very-old, collectible piece. I know the local departments only stopped using that style within the last decade or so, and they'd just move them from old to new squad cars. Some of them were 30+ years old, no joke.

tallhair

Reaction score
Thanks a lot NoCar I hadn't thought about any of that.

I had gotten the impression that it was almost worthless so far and have done' google searches and couldn't find any cop whip antennas for sale in my searches so was thinking they were pretty much not worth messing with.

This one probably is 30 plus years old actually as it came from one of Dad's early 80's Diplomat Cop cars.

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
Someone, somewhere wants it. That's the one thing that's still great about eBay: if you're willing to ship it anywhere, you've got a worldwide customer base. Even if you just want to stay within the U.S., it's still the first place a lot of people look for something.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
NoCar is right about expanding your audience.
On here you've got mostly regular car owners as opposed to cop car owners.

Someone will want it.
It's just a matter of them finding you.

tallhair

Reaction score
So far I've sold to customers in Norway and several to Canada .. and working a deal to sell some /6 parts to a Kiwi if he decides he want's it :) But only through freight forwarders. I'm shipping a part directly to Canada though this week so we'll see how that goes :) I'm willing.

I have a lot of stuff on FBBO and FCBO .. FBBO has a pretty big membership base to include many other countries .. FCBO is pretty good too with members from several countries. I have the antenna over there too. I'm a fan of Joey's sites

So I thought I'd bring these parts here. I haven't done anything on ebag though .. not sure I will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back