Mopar M1 intake w/Super Turtle
Holley HP 750 Carb
Super Bad Ass Pro Stock throw back valve covers
HV oil pump modified
Accel Stand Alone Dist and matching coil
Taylor wires
VR1 20w50 oil Wix filter

9.75 to 1 compression Shell 93 octane fuel

I had a few tricks up my sleeve, and it ran good. I did not even put the 950 on, it was running so well with the 750 I figured why bother. But I did test a few intake mods with great success. I did NOT run the Proform carb, this was a Holley HP 750.

It was hot, but not humid so weather was OK. It liked 35* timing, 76 jets front and rear w/power valves. A/F was in the high 12's low 13's, BSFC was in the mid 400's to high 300's. Ran it at 180*, real life, not 120* or something you will never see on the street. The Accel all in one dist and coil performed flawlessly.

I t made a lot of torque and had real good top end. We ended up with 501HP @ 5600rpm and 498TQ @ 4400rpm

With 450+tq from 3000-5750 it will be super fun to drive. It idles at 850rpm with16 inches of Vacuum, had a nice sleeper type idle.

For Sale $6950 Complete Carb to Oil pan, Stand Alone Ignition System, Dyno Tuned ready to drop into your car today!!!!!

Here are the Dyno Sheets

DSC00547.jpg

MRL 4160001.jpg

MRL 416 dyno0001.jpg

MRL Performance

Reaction score
Fast, cheap and reliable here. You get all three, no choosing, no compromising you can have your cake and eat it too. Hell, you can have my cake as well!!!!

efriedrich

Reaction score
A damn fine motor for sure, I think if it was orange instead of red it would help the sale.

MRL Performance

Reaction score
Its just paint. The buyer can paint it Yellow if he/she wants I guess. I sold a lot of Red engines last year, so I figured there was a slight demand for them. It looks real good, not a Bright red, its a little darker.

slant6billy

Reaction score
At just under 14 bucks a horsepower, that is great. So what is with the heads and valves? 596 castings with 1.94/1.625? Let me play devils advocate, my high swirl late 80's heads have been given a bit machining - 2.02/ 1.6 in the neighborhood anyway. I only got some of my info from a non-motor person - the guy's wife. Would a bigger cam and bigger valves give you power numbers greater on a similar build you have? Would you then need to go to the 950 carb? Damn if that motor of yours would have come in them 4 speed dusters and AAR cudas........ mopars dishing out a street beating.

efriedrich

Reaction score
I get it, it was just a friendly suggestion. I will probably have you do a motor for me so I guess I will get my color choice then and it won't be yellow lol.

MRL Performance

Reaction score
The color was chosen by an old friend that was in the hospital, she loved how it turned out. Plus I had a bit of the red paint leftover. It really looks good with the black.

Bigger valves dont always make more power. Bigger cams dont always make more power. Bigger is not always better. It all has to work together. I have made 600+HP out of these 408+ strokers with 750 carbs. Yeah if its a race engine an 850 would be the carb. 950 work pretty good, but the 750 will fit the bill 90% of the time.

As far as actual carb size goes, they line up like this small to big: 750, 950, 850. 850 is a BIG carb, 950 is a 750 body(small) with an 850 plate(big).

MRL Performance

Reaction score
You will not find a better deal on a real Performance 416 this complete and a real shop to back it up. Not like the Craigslist junk or Ebay scams. Its priced right and is making the power to roast the Ford and Chevy guys, not to mention your tires!

If you know anyone in the market, send them to the web site for all the info, www.mrlperformance.com

slant6billy

Reaction score
Me again with more questions and hopefully it does not piss you off and will allow other members to learn. So by your list, is that a solid cam? If that is, why? Why not a roller cam? Also, what about turnkey motors, shortblocks, etc? What kind of deal can you work? Like a little kid with big eyes, what can I get for less money? What about if I ship you a motor? I think your formula is pretty good as I said earlier, I'm just curious and hopefully get the attention of other members to take notice of how much bang for the buck the small block can get from your shop.

1976RR

Reaction score
This is what i can tell you about MRL performance .. he will pretty well answer almost any question you have .. NO BS ... he will tell you like it is ... what works and what does not work ....

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
X-2 I ask a silly question awhile back and he answered. (about a 6 pack setup on a different build) He will gwt back to ya... Sure wish I had the 7k, that puppy would be on a truck to Texas... :)

MRL Performance

Reaction score
Roller cams are not cheap, this was more budget type. If you need something specific, call and we can go over it. But remember, it takes time to get a quote and build ready for a customers approval. And as we all know, time is money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back