For you Model Builders, 80 Volare Road Runner Kit Re-issue

David Clark

Reaction score
Round 2 Models is reissuing the 1980 plymouth Volare Road Runner Kit in July.
I can't wait. I have model kit for my 76 Dart Sport, and 74 Road Runner that I am building to reflect my Real Life Cars.
9th one down on the list of this release list.

2016 Auto, Truck and Motorcycle Kit Release Schedule Sorted by Subject
--- Post updated ---
Not sure which kit they will actually be re-releasing though as hey produced a 77 Volare Kit (With T Tops) and the 80 Duster Kit on the Volare Platform. I don't own either one of these kits unfortunately and pics are vague on if they are really 77 and 80's (grill's etc...). Hell MPC even Screwed up one year and put a 76 Road Runner Kit on the 75 Fury Body LOL. They also produced a 71 RoadRunner (Superbird?) model kit too.
dustermodel.jpg
volaremodel.JPG
volaremodel77.jpg
71roadrunner model.jpg

--- Post updated ---
Here's a better picture of the 71 Roadrunner (Superbird) Kit they did.

71roadrunnerpic.jpg

--- Post updated ---
Here's a picture of the mess up they did on the 76 Roadrunner Model Kit LOL.
76Roadrunnermodel.jpg

80mirada

Reaction score
I have an unbuilt 77 Super Pak Roadrunner and built one I have been rebuilding. MPC had 2 Volare kits a year from 77-79 and 1 kit for 1980. The 80 and the 77 Super Pak have been the hardest to get a good example of.

David Clark

Reaction score
I have an unbuilt 77 Super Pak Roadrunner and built one I have been rebuilding. MPC had 2 Volare kits a year from 77-79 and 1 kit for 1980. The 80 and the 77 Super Pak have been the hardest to get a good example of.

Tell me about it, I keep finding them on Ebay once in a while but the prices end up going to the Ungodly Range LOL

80mirada

Reaction score
I know, strange that a model kit of a car that is generally abused by the auto world is so damn expensive. I scored an opened but untouched Super Pak for $80 a couple of years ago with the plan of doing some resin casting but never got anywhere with it

David Clark

Reaction score
I hear ya. I really want one of them 71 Superbird Kits but can't justify it to the wife LOL.

80mirada

Reaction score
Round2 management say they are making their way through the die library to see what kits they can catalog for production. Last I knew the Dodge truck is up for restoration, but I haven't heard where they are at on it. The Demon was being modified to use the newer Duster chassis. The Roadrunner may be being updated to use a version of the newer 71 Charger's chassis and interior.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I've got the Volare Super Pak model I bought many years ago. I don't remember if it's unopened or not.

Aspen500

Reaction score
My theory on the odd releases like the '71 Superbird or '76 Roadrunner is they probably start development of the kits long before the full size version comes out and as far as they knew, there was going to be a '71 Superbird, etc... Instead of scrapping it all and losing all the money, they release the kit anyways. As I said, only a theory.

I'm waiting for the '79 Aspen kit...........................probably be waiting a long time, aren't I?:(

80mirada

Reaction score
20161108_204635.jpg

Picked up the "Fuzz Duster" 80 Volare Road Runner. Comes with nicely printed Goodyear GT Radials and Road Runner scripts were added to the decal sheet. It will make a nice easy build. I will compare other to the 77 Super Pak kit later today.

David Clark

Reaction score
I picked up mine at Hobby Lobby the other day along with a 80 Ramcharger Kit. had to request a new body on the Ramcharger kit as it was put into the box before full cooled and was bent LOL

DCAspen

Reaction score
I also grabbed the 80 Volare model at Hobby lobby,Now I need a set of Superpak flairs so I can build my car,Any one have a set of flairs?

Back