FOUND! Repro J Body Windshields

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
I just got off the phone ordering a new repro tinted windshield with the blue band for J Body Chrysler Cordoba / Dodge Mirada from Pilkington Classics Automotive Glass. I paid $270 + $50 shipping to Knoxville...they are in Ohio. I asked how many they had and he said several...he believes they will be getting more in depending on the depletion/demand. He said they will ship to a Customs Agent for everyone in Canada, but it costs $220 more. Its great news...I never thought I would see the day...I didn't ask about Fs and Ms...sorry...

IMG_20170316_141303929.jpg

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
Update...my new windshield arrived today and it looks great...not wavy or distorted plus it had the rear view mirror tab glued on too. One thing I did learn though is that 80-83 Cordoba/Mirada and 81-83 Imperials share the same windshields...100%. The only difference in the factory part numbers between the three cars is tinted or not tinted...as discussed several times on FMJ. I confirmed this today (just to make sure) by calling up Pilkington after seeing 'For Cordoba/Imperial 80-83' on my invoice. So now we know for sure the windshields will interchange...

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The Imperial and Cordoba/Mirada windshields, even tinted, nave different factory part numbers. The windshields are the same size and shape, and fit properly. What is different is the tint colour. The factory originals had a different tint; any repro windshields may have the same number due to it not making sense that they would carry two fairly rare windshields that very only slightly. I don't even think anybody would care, either; it is such a minor point, and our cars haven't yet gotten to the point where they are being judges for historical accuracy.

Back