Fuel filler neck grommet

88_AHB

Reaction score
Hey all,
I recently dropped my gas tank down to drain/clean all the crud out of it and replace the sending unit.I tried my local parts stores and online as well for a new fuel filler neck grommet.The current one is old and cracked figured might as well replaced it and a new sending unit since it was bad.Anyone have a source for them? Or just have to measure and cut and try to make something work?I attached a few pics of it off of my 88 dippy.Any help appreciated thanks!

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

volare 77

Reaction score
4002010 dodge dealer or ebay or Vans auto The dealer should still have the o ring also.

Last edited:

88_AHB

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
typed in that part number and ordered one off ebay,it'll be here in a few days.

****by the way I found something odd when I took out my sending unit.Did any of the late M bodies have a electric fuel pump at the end of the pickup? I thought maybe it was a special order option since it is a AHB car?

Sorry for the not so great pics and extra stuff on the table.

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

Last edited:

88_AHB

Reaction score
So i took the dodge part number and ordered one online.Decent quality rubber and was exactly what I needed went right in.Thanks all.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I bought new tank, new sender unit, new pump and gromet. Although nothing is giving me any trouble the tank and sender unit are 37 years old soon!

Screenshot_20190803-162758.png

Screenshot_20190803-163315.png

Screenshot_20190803-163337.png

Screenshot_20190803-163608.png

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
I got a few Grommets for gas tanks from Dante's mopar. Since he is right up the street. Worked in both the 76/77 hump tank and 79 flat tank.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I've bought my share of sorts fits and sorta works......

Aspen500

Reaction score
Are all the bits I bought Chinese made?
You'll have to look. Should be printed on the box or bag, or on the sticker with the p/n on it, where the part was made. Sometimes it says right on the part itself, sometimes it doesn't say the country of origin anywhere.

This is way off topic so, sorry. Yesterday I worked on an '06 Focus wagon. The car was dropped off and to "replace the rear wiper motor with customer supplied part". OK, figured it has been diagnosed someplace else. So, put the motor in, doesn't work. Check for power to the motor, none. Check for a power signal from the GEM to the motors internal relay switch, none. Find broken wires in boot between hatch and body. Run new wires, now we have power and ground when and where it should be. Still doesn't work, WTF? Grabbed the OLD motor off my toolbox and plugged it in a guess what? It worked perfectly. Take the new motor off, put the old back on and all is well in wiperland. Where was the customer supplied "ALL NEW" wiper motor made? Yep, China. What a shock. Bad right out of the box and it's not the first time that's happened by a long shot. Chinese CRAP. That's how they'll take over the world. They'll sell their cheap garbage parts and we won't be able to defend ourselves because,,,,,,,,,,,NOTHING WILL WORK. Just a theory and sorry for the rant. Back now to our regularly scheduled topic.

volare 77

Reaction score
I have no idea what 577-501 fits. You probably needed 577-500. Either way you are better off with the mopar one.

Back