Gas tank

Aspen500

Reaction score
Like 80 said. Fuel tanks are one of the F/M/J parts that are readily available, at least for late '79 and newer anyways.

Milezero

Reaction score
Where do I find a new gas tank? The Cherry Bomb's is rusty and starting to leak
I have an early 79 Lebaron, and just picked one up from Rock Auto. It looks perfect. Oddly enough, my tank is early 79, but the sending unit is late 79. Go figure ‍♂️

MoparDan

Reaction score
How hard is it to get fuel lines? They're not leaking or anything, but they were rusty even before moving to Florida 6 years ago and I was worried about them then, I'm sure they'll break as soon as the tank comes down

Aspen500

Reaction score
Inline Tube has the fuel feed and return lines in steel or stainless steel, and the vapor line in stainless only. I looked up Diplomat but Gran fury would be the same.

Alternative is make your own using nickle/copper brake/fuel line. It's very easy to work with and bends really nice. Using a tubing bender would be ideal but, it can be bent by hand very easily as long as you don't need any small radius bends.

Link:
Products

Milezero

Reaction score
Inline Tube has the fuel feed and return lines in steel or stainless steel, and the vapor line in stainless only. I looked up Diplomat but Gran fury would be the same.

Alternative is make your own using nickle/copper brake/fuel line. It's very easy to work with and bends really nice. Using a tubing bender would be ideal but, it can be bent by hand very easily as long as you don't need any small radius bends.

Link:
Products
For right radius bends, I fill the line with fine play sand. It keeps the line from collapsing and is easily cleaned out after you make the bends.

Back