Gear Indicator

Intrepolicious

Reaction score
I pulled my steering wheel and lock plate off last night to see what's what with my broken multifunction switch. Defeated, I put everything back together for now until I can get the new parts.. and today I get in the car to drive and notice my gear indicator is out of whack. The indicator needle is about a 1/4 inch to the right of where it was (and should be).

I was messing around with the wiring where the turn signal switch harness is plugged in.. but don't remember disturbing anything else...

How do I adjust it back to where it belongs?

Intrepolicious

Reaction score
Well shifting all the way over into low 1, then back into Park seems to have moved it back for the most part... still off a little though.

89.Fifth

Reaction score
That happens when it's rubbing on the face plate. Remove the face plate and push the wire indicator back a little.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
There is an adjustment screw for the orange gear range needle – but you can bend the arm just as easily.

Matter of fact, it is a bit too easy to bend and one can do so, unintentionally (like performing other repairs in the area).
BudW

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
The clip attaches to the steering column. Simply slide the clip to adjust the gear indication.................
2013-09-19_222316_clip.gif

Intrepolicious

Reaction score
Ahhh... thanks guys! MiradaMegacab, that helps! I was wondering what the heck what looked like a ground wire attached to the column shell.. Now I know what that is!

Back