Getting Divorced, may need to sell The 5th

Erics5th

Reaction score
After 2.5 years married, 3 years together, wife decided she wanted a divorce a few weeks ago. She said I could keep the 5th at the house (she bought before we got married), but my daily driver is getting near 300K miles and I need to get rid of it fast while its still running half way decent, and will need the extra money if I sell the 5th to get a new car. Sorry, I'm not going to daily drive a 30 year old car... Never again. My current job, while it pays well, is not for me (Quality Engineer) and would rather be working on Airplanes (10 years experience working on 747's and 777's) and there is nothing like that around here in Lubbock: Only around Dallas/FtWorth area. Don't need extra stuff if I need to bug out of here. Anyway, this is this, and that's that. F'n sucks. I move out tomorrow to a cheap-o apartment. Need to vent. At least this ex is still alive, not dead like my first wife due to a drug od....:crybaby2:

slant6billy

Reaction score
That is aweful man. I've been through it. You find out who real friends are, for sure. Money and stuff, takes some thinking and some planning. Stay positive.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well Eric...there's nothing witty, uplifting or humorous I can say ..so I'll just say. F*ck that sucks ass. I feel for you man..I know you've had at least a couple of sh*tty runs. Been emotionally kicked in the teeth quite a few times myself over the years. Like slant6billy says...try to stay positive. Easier said than done I know...but you being familiar with Seattle you've seen where the dark road leads. After my mom died I took that path for a while. Drinking heavily, doing blow, pumping weights and picking fights with guys twice your size isn't a good life choice....looking back I could have picked a much better path...but hey...live and learn...
The point I'm trying to make is...it sucks but try to focus on what's ahead....long term....this could be the beginning of great new things instead of the end....the end of something that went south is what it really is.
I'm rooting for ya man...
Everytime is makes you nuts try to think of it like a shitty day at work.

Sorry for the sermon man....just wanna help a brother.

I think you might be in need of some bad humor ...so....
This was an actual ad in Toronto.
Here's a guy who obviously had a bad divorce...
Hope it gets a smirk out of you anyway.
Take care man....good vibes coming your way.
life's a bitch-1.jpg

life's a bitch-1.jpg

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
That just plain sucks, eric. I've been in your shoes twice. I've always been able to keep my cars. Hope you can get things worked out for ya so you don't have to sell yours.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Keep it. Drive the Charger and store the 5th. You don't need to keep it at her house. By the way if you had it before you were married then it's yours just like the house is hers.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
sorry to hear man.
but I gotta agree, keep the 5th, as soon as you sell it youll regret it and wish you never sold it.
you can still get decent money for the charger

Erics5th

Reaction score
The Charger is hers.. Its in her name because of her better credit score (interest rate thing). I can keep the 5th in the garage but I guess I'm just not really into the old car thing like I used to be. If anybody in Texas is interested, let me know. I'll put up a for sale ad in the next month or so.

Back