Getting rid of the '78

Moparman78

Reaction score
Well I hate to get rid of my car especially when im losing money but momma wants an suv and isnt happy with her car '12 avenger not enough room for the family im 6'11. I'm prolly going to trade my car and hers in on the suv but there's not really a market for F-bodys the dealer isn't going to give me much for the aspen $3000..I've got almost 7k in it trade wise but she said if i do this she'll give me all rights to go get another car when we get the money stocked up.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Just trade her car in on a SUV, what the trade in on the aspen would only be a couple hundy

alfatar

Reaction score
I doubt very much you are getting 3000 for your car on a trade.i bet if you check at another dealer you will find the same deal without your car. The dealer will wholesale your car as it would be hard for them to sell it. ex. Would you even think to go to a Ford, Dodge etc dealer to buy a old ......{doesn't matter}.I bet the real money is less then 1000. 1 or 2 hold backs that they don't tell you about covers the difference to them. ON your car you would be better to sell yourself. Good luck on your new suv

MIke

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
Yes indeed sell it yourself.
With all the online free add soucres these days
why not put it out there first? it will go to someone who really wants one.
Ebay has a FREE Classified add section that goes all over the world.
Thats one of many FREE sources out there.
Put it on everyone you can find with plenty of pics.
Besides you can negotiate a better deal with Her trade in and a stack of cash.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Never, I repeat never trade anything to the car dealer. You are just giving it to them. The word "Trade" has no meaning at a car dealer. If it were a trade there would be something close to equal in the deal. They are not doing you any favors. Go into to these dealers with a stern face and tough deal. Make them come to you on price and be prepared to walk away. Ebay and Craigslist would be a feeding frenzy on a 78 F body. Good luck

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
Never, I repeat never trade anything to the car dealer. You are just giving it to them. The word "Trade" has no meaning at a car dealer. If it were a trade there would be something close to equal in the deal. They are not doing you any favors. Go into to these dealers with a stern face and tough deal. Make them come to you on price and be prepared to walk away. Ebay and Craigslist would be a feeding frenzy on a 78 F body. Good luck

This is True. What they offer you is really out of their mark up .
Sell both cars and go in with a nice down payment and Negotiate.
And don't shy away from last years model still sitting in the back lots.
They really want to give deals on them to get them out of there.
and another good time to go is right before Tax time, they have to pay
Taxes on any inventory left on the lot.
Good Luck.
Still would like to see some pics of it.

Moparman78

Reaction score
It was at a used carlot..guys a buddy of mine. He called around to a few guys who deal in classic cars they all told him 2500..the loan was gunna be 28000 when i said id throw in the car he said he'd give me 3000 cause it was nice so he called me back and said the loan was now 21500...all i added was the car. Somewhere ge give me more money..

jasperjacko

Reaction score
He's not giving you anything. Just overcharging so he can appear to give you a "great" deal. He can't sell suv's because of gas $ But it's your money, and your car, do what you want. It's easier to keep what you have rather than find another f. Hope it works out for you.

Moparman78

Reaction score
My dad's neighbor bought it..he's wanted it since the day i got it off the trailer. He said he wanted to replace the volare kitcar he sold yearsago..which is now forsale for a nice price (the guy said he would sell it to him for 11k)it only 3x,xxx some odd miles. I know of a few others around close but they all need restored

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
There, now you can take that cash and your wife's car to get a better deal for a new one if that's what you still plan to do.

Moparman78

Reaction score
1357430882645.jpg

The Aspen i got rid of. Now in my dads neighbors hands

1357430882645.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
I always dig the low profile dual snorkle hood on F bodies. My hood needed more room for the hi rise stuff going on underneath. The rims too. Were they Supercoupe 8 inchers? Again, the lines are very cool. The mopar designers were on their a game with that.

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
My dad's neighbor bought it..he's wanted it since the day i got it off the trailer. He said he wanted to replace the volare kitcar he sold yearsago..which is now forsale for a nice price (the guy said he would sell it to him for 11k)it only 3x,xxx some odd miles. I know of a few others around close but they all need restored

Know of any Aspen Kitcars for sale??

Moparman78

Reaction score
I always dig the low profile dual snorkle hood on F bodies. My hood needed more room for the hi rise stuff going on underneath. The rims too. Were they Supercoupe 8 inchers? Again, the lines are very cool. The mopar designers were on their a game with that.

No just a set of cop wheels with beauty rings and hertz center caps they were painted kinda tannish color..looks good on ol blue..

Back