Glass run channel liner/weatherseal

Master M

Reaction score
Anyone know what product would fit well for the glass run channel seal on my 1988 Chrysler 5th? I am just going to replace the drivers side for now. I've seen different sizes and some universal
ones. Thanks.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I don't know any specifics but Restoration Specialties has all sorts of window channel. You'd have to look at the choices and compare with what you have to find which one, if any, will work.

Window Channel

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Back when JC Whitney had the interesting catalogs they had pages of those type of seals to choose from cheap prices too.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to get one with same profile then cut to length.
The ones on my '86 Fifth Ave are extremely hard and L/F is broken. Five years ago (August 30, 2016), I pulled this part out and took a picture:
20160830_114411.jpg

I need to get some myself, so if you find some, please let us know from where and how much did you use (per door), please!

I would think this "should" be used by more than one car line.
BudW

Master M

Reaction score
I've ordered a pair of glass run channels that look like they may work. I'll report back if/how they fit.

Master M

Reaction score
1988 Chrysler 5th Ave glass run channel update: The total run inside the door is 77 inches. The pair I bought measure 97 1/2" long each. Carparts.com Part no. PRP750566PR , total delivered cost for the pair $25.44. I installed them today but have not done a test drive to see if there is any wind noise. It took a couple hours as the old rubber was brittle and had to be carefully removed.
Photo 1 old piece broken out. 2. dry fit of new piece 3. new channel installed.
I did have a nice view of a top shelf of old cans while I was working.

Glass run channel original piece.jpg

Glass run channel new trial fit.jpg

Glass run channel new installed.jpg

Glass run channel old can view.jpg

Last edited:

Master M

Reaction score
I did a road test when I finished the drivers side and no noticeable wind noise like I had before. Passenger side completed today. It took less time doing the passenger side, but working inside of the door was no better than the drivers side. Last test will be wind noise check on the passenger side.

Back