Good day to everyone!

383scuda

Reaction score
I am Mike from the Kansas City area. I have a 1978 Dodge Aspen Super Coupe that I bought new in the summer of 1978. After years of neglect and other priorities. I am now determined to "restore" it. I want it to be a driver quality car. It has DC ignition, "street hemi grind" cam, Rhodes lifters, 273 adjustable rockers, headers (with dual exhaust) and a 3.55 8 1/4 rear end. All done in the 80's. It was partly disassembled in the 90's by an employee (I owned a body shop) who then quit, so now I am trying to figgure out how it goes back together.

383scuda

Reaction score
Not so pretty now

IMG_4792.jpg

IMG_4791.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Reassembling something another person took apart is always a challenge. If you don't already have one, I HIGHLY recommend getting a factory service manual. It will help tremendously, especially with that HVAC plenum, instrument panel, wiring harnesses, etc. that are torn apart. They're readily available on CD-ROM, or you may be able to find an original print version.

383scuda

Reaction score
I have the factory service manual, parts book and interchange manual. Having a hard time with the things the books don't show. It's a slow go, but I will succeed!

Duke5A

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Good luck!

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
That'll be a great project, and look at the silver lining in this: the nasty job of taking it all apart is all done!!!

Enough know-how on our site that I'm guessing any question you ask will most likely get you an answer.

Back