Goodbye, Sarah

ramenth

Reaction score
Last night Sarah had a couple of seizures. She had no movement, and her blood pressure fell. The doctors wanted to replace the EVD, but admitted to me that the swelling in the area where the tumor was had increased.

I called in her living will. It was time to say goodbye. They made her comfortable and pulled the life support at my request. She trusted me to do the right thing when it became necessary. She died this morning at 3:23am. It's a time that will stick with for the rest of my life.

I knew it was her time to go. Sometime yesterday afternoon I saw tears streaming down her face. I'd seen her eyes water before, while in the coma, but these were tears. I knew she what she was telling me.

She lived her life as a strong woman. Full of hope. Gentle, yet tough as nails, quick to laugh, confident, strong willed, and eager to help others. I can only hope to be as strong, as hopeful, as she was in these coming days, the coming years without her.

Thank you all here who have prayed for, supported us, and helped us these past months. She was thankful to each and everyone of you for your thoughtfulness and kindness.

She was my rock, my love, my baby, words cannot begin to describe how much I love her and how much I miss her.

She was 35 years old.

My Supergirl:

100MEDIA$IMAG0173.jpg

100MEDIA$IMAG0173.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Wow Robert now it's time for your healing. That is a terrible loss but she is in a better place now. Take care of yourself brother.

Last edited:

Erics5th

Reaction score
Very sorry to read this. I lost my first wife also, though in different circumstances. Not easy, but be strong with the Lord. Be stong my friend, and know you will always have an angel above looking out for you. God bless.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I'm very sorry for you. No words can ease your pain now, But we do pray for Gods strength, comfort, and peace to you in the days ahead.

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Robert,

What can I say. I have been there myself. My most sincere condolances.

66340sedan

Reaction score
I read this on FABO too, again, I am so sorry Robert, prayers sent

slant6billy

Reaction score
Brother, I cannot take away your pain, nor can I provide any answer to this in order to reason it or rationalize it. I can say that there are a lot of friends here for you on this site and friends not on this site for you. My point is, you are not alone with your journey. Stay safe my friend. God Bless.

MoparTex

Reaction score
So very sorry for your loss. I am also very happy that you will remember the great life you had together. Never forget!
I had to do the same for my 20 year old Son. I write this 8 years afterward and tears are falling even now. Never second guess your decision, remember the good, and when you are strong enough, share those times with others. God Bless you and give you His peace. I will continue to pray for you. Allen Harrell

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Robert....
My condolences.
For what it's worth
I've had to "pull the plug" on my mother,
My older brother and my younger brother

In each case it WAS the right decision.

Now the hard part.
I've asked before, but you do have a good support of friends, family?

You'll melt, you'll heal
You'll break, you'll heal.

The journey is ahead
Please don't stray to far my friend.

God bless and all of the energy I can.

My heart is with you.

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
Robert,
You have our sincerest condolences from the Indy prayer warriors. Our prayers are with you.

Last edited:

4892stk

Reaction score
Robert,
There's not anything I can say right now to make this any better or ease the pain so I will just say my thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Time and faith are the great healers of the pain you feel right now. In time the pain you feel will slowly be replaced with fond memories. Keep those memories close. RIP Sarah.

old tired rebel

Reaction score
Robert I read this over at FABO I am so sorry to hear this,Our prayers and Condolences

Back