Status
Not open for further replies.

DCAspen

Reaction score
saw a couple that were sold at Carlisle

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
They were breaking before customer drove the brand new car off of the lot - back in the '70's.

I wish one of the people who make re-pop parts for the 60-70's cars will make reproduction grills using a better material, as well as seat belt covers and clips and the other parts everyone with a F body needs.
I know they would make their money back on the tooling.

David Clark

Reaction score
Surely these Guys doing Fiberglass work could Make molds off a good one and lay some up, you'd think. I have 3 F Bodies now and none of them Have Grills in them. Nor am I about to spend and ungodly amount of money for one either.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Does anyone have a dead grill they could send me?

I have a friend who did a mold for bronco grills, but I think it was a lot thicker on the 'rectangles' at the front.

I'm more interested in how it attaches on the car and the angles going into the front of the grill.

Justwondering

Reaction score
agreed on the 3d printer, but I'd need a grill to get a cad file to send to the 3d printer.

My concern with plastic is the heat gain would cause it to slump if there are hot spots from the engine side.

Although the metal 3d technique patents are now opensource, not many printer companies are embracing the metal print heads.

You'd have to send the file to a 3rd party to print due to the size needed unless you could figure out a 2 part or 4 part product with fasteners for same.

Only grills I have are fifth avenue, trucks, and tractors.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Until then, find em and repair em
IMG_20160806_150442.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I know where there is a perfect example of a ’76-77 Volare grill is at.
What is not known is how much it will take to bribe the unnamed person to examine said grill.

Justwondering

Reaction score
lol -- I hear that.
I'll keep my eye out for a dead one. As long as half of it is in good shape, it could be replicated for the other half.
Course, I have just a couple of projects in front of a mysterious grill.

David Clark

Reaction score
3 and half Hour drive for me up here, if you are seriously Interested in it, I could go grab it for ya LOL, That's a Nice looking Volare, been looking for a 4 Door one myself too. Wish I could afford that one as well.

Justwondering

Reaction score
David --
Just in case your wife didn't mention it.
You have enough project cars right now.
When you get one finished, you can have another one.

LOL

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Wish post 74 cars/truck parts were repopped dont
Understand why it cant be done NOS have to be virtually gone 40 years later. I mean i do understand cost but how many cuda grills are needed but made f body grills magnum headlight doors J body anything would sell just as well as ABE junk because WE cant get anything so i believe that would be a HOT market..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back