GVRW Weights

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Sorry I transposed letter in the topic title.

EDIT

I found the pic with the info I needed.

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I needed to order a repop door tag and didnt think I had the weights right but go figure, after I posted and kept looking I found the old door tag pic.

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's usually how things go for me too. About the same as when I can't find something I KNOW I have and tear the place apart looking for it. Guaranteed way to find it,,,,,,,,,,,go buy another one. Come back home and POOF, there it is, right in front of me. Sigh...............On the bright side of it, I have spares of many things.:rolleyes:

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
If you didn't have your original to copy it would be guesswork. There are several GAWR stickers based on your actual option load.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Although not too hard to figure out the weight combos, I did find a actual pic of the early 90s before that door got stripped.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
ECS $70 By time you receive it.

You have to send them pics of some supporting docs that show you own the car and the proper vin info, ect.... but I see that as a good thing.

1973-78 Dodge VIN Door Decal Sticker VIN & Date Printed Laminated Factory EXACT! | eBay

D taggo.jpg

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The tag on my ’86 Fifth Ave is almost illegible, as is. Also, I don’t see they offer a tag above 1980. I figured it would be a good time to replace it when I get ready to repaint the car (because of a massive clear coat failure).
BudW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
That would be the best way to get an exact copy of what you have for sure.

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Well, another joyful day in the mopar resto world.

I know there are two fonts for F-s but do they, and this is why I sent a pic of my full old sticker showing my font, but clearly there is more to the mix.

2.JPG

4.jpg

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ok, Just a follow up, now they are aware of the other font and are going to make a more correct Door Vin Data Sticker, so we will see how the next one goes.

So if anyone decides to get a door sticker replacement, remember although ECS does do great work and make good products, like any company a new area can be tricky so you might ask for a proof prior to them printing it.

Edit: Me and the maker of these have been bouncing emails/pics back and forth and we have came up with three different font mix and match combos, he seemed surprised, not a shock probably to us F guys. I wish I could post the pics of the couple he sent me (with the last three of the vin blacked out) but I feel they might of be from other sticker jobs and not my place to post them in the open.

But id think the only real way to get the proper repop is to have that pic of the old one. I kinda think if you had info of a car built a month before and a month after and both fonts are the same one would be ok and the weights are semi easy to figure out if you know the whole combo of the car as Ive a list that shows a good bit of consistency.

Some days I sorta wish I didnt care about this aspect of these cars.

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I would be happy for a readable sticker to begin with.
The font used wouldn’t bother me, but after looking at the two, I do prefer the original “5” font a tad better.
Is there a difference on the “0” font? If there is, I can’t see it.
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's great they listen to their customers and do what they need to make a more accurate reproduction. I've never heard anything but good stuff about ECS. I'd never have known of the different fonts. Like other things on f's, the font style could all depend on where the car was built (?)

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I can post these as they are from my cars, a early 76 runner and a t top rt but look at the 0 and how the line stays within the 0 vs how the first pic I posted of the repop they are reprinting. Well I will post that pics first. They used the ) from like a 70 chrysler.

1.JPG

41.jpg

DSC02101.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Asp 500, yes plant is part of it. Yes ECS is a great company and there products are on the high end of high end mopars as well as they have a outstanding modern commercial side of things.

I have 100-s of F door tag pics I offered to send them, I cant really send them fender tags because I promise some never to pass there tag info on to others.

But it is good they are receptive to input to make a better product, and its hard to dispute pics of actual door tags for good reference.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
With Dave Walden gone, it makes me wonder how long ECS will be around.

With there modern commercial interest in the market and one of only a handful I cant see it going anyplace, maybe sold someday is speculation but id bet its a pretty lucrative business. They charge a good bit more for thee modern tags, services, ect in the collision world.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
My font is exactly like this sticker, notice the 5 and 3 dont have the lazy bottom segment like the 9s do.

Its all a big bag of trail mix.

s-trrrhrthrhh.jpg

Back