Happy Father's Day

slant6billy

Reaction score
For all those Dads, Granddads, Great Granddads, Great Great Granddads, and especially stepdads.

If you dad was like mine, he broke your stones, yelled at you for borrowing tools and either not putting them back or putting them back dirty or broken. Put up with stupidity like breaking the Volare' downing burnouts, offroading, and racing. All that and he still managed not to strangle the living daylights out of me.

Payback Karma is a "you know........"

Now with 3 brats of my own who test my patience everyday / every hour, I guess I see what my old man saw. How he didn't murder me still boggles my mind.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Lookie here, my dad sent me a reminder of how much a PIA I was/is/am. I can here him say'n, "You have a hat size of 3, doing that crap powerbrake nonsense!"
IMG_2250.JPG
IMG_2251.JPG
IMG_2252.JPG

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I must not rate because I figured how to, and showed my grandson how he can powerbreak his electric scooter.

Last edited:

volare 77

Reaction score
My father would always say to me "Why are you always fixing your car when it isn`t broke" He never really understood.

Justwondering

Reaction score
My first father's day with no father.... I don't have those memories cause he never wanted a girl out in the garage.

But I have the last laugh.

I have his Case Backhoe running so well it starts on the first crank!
First Crank, Dad. I don't need a half of a can of starting fluid to get it to run.. just give it some petrol and crank the key.

His remark would be 'Smart A$$' and I would laugh and he would too as he took the keys away from me to get on the backhoe and go destroy a cedar tree in the back pasture.

JW

Oldiron440

Reaction score
JW I must say you don't fit the mold and that's great! I'm a dad with four daughters most of them were the play with the pink princess dolls etc. but one was a bit of a tom boy. I had her up on skies at seven years old and drag racing at sixteen.
She didn't stay a tom boy, grue up to be a beautiful woman with a master's in special education, married her high school sweetheart and now the mother of a three-year old boy. But for awhile she was a terror on the drag strips in northern Iowa.

Back