WANTED Headlight section of Front header 86 Diplomat

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Clark

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hiya All,

Was just wondering if anyone out there has replaced their header on a Dippy or equivalent that still has the Shot piece that might still have a good usable Headlight section on it. Pretty strapped on Cash right now because of the Aspen but I wanna get my Dippy up on the road and she's had some Deer Damage done to her on the Passenger side of the header and it's all but gone. Sooo, no way to mount any headlights and make it street legal. Eventually I will spring for a whole new header panel but right now I just need the part that holds the headlights. It does NOT have to be in perfect condition and I can pay a little bit for it if someone has one laying around. Here's a picture of the damage, like I said, I just want the part that will hold the headlights if possible. for now. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
12788790_10156662661430397_417204382_o.jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
Dave I may have what you need.
I replaced the header panel in my 87 fifth ave cause the driver side was hit. Passenger side is still in good shape.

Pm me your info if you want it.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
Dip SE Header 001.JPG
Dip SE Header 002.JPG
The only thing thats going to be the same is the head light buckets.
and they are held in by head light adjusters and a spring.

Everything else is different between a 5th ave and a Dip Salon.

Its too bad your so far away, I have a complete Dip SE header,
with grill and headlight bezels that I would give you for nothing.
--- Post updated ---
Hood Ornament not included.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The only thing thats going to be the same is the head light buckets.
and they are held in by head light adjusters and a spring.

Everything else is different between a 5th ave and a Dip Salon.

That's pretty amazing of you brother.
Wonder what shipping would be like on something that big.

Option B is to run a search on car-part.com

I found these under Diplomat SE

Screenshot_2016-03-22-19-45-03-1.png

I guess another option would be to toss on a Fifth header. They might be even easier to find closer. Just some thoughts.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
Thanks Capt.
Thats Picassos old nose,LOL.
Only you would know who Picasso is.

The 5th and the Dip SE is the same header with different grill and bezels.
Its the same under that and will bolt right to the Salon.

5th and SE will be easier to find then Salon.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks Capt.
Thats Picassos old nose,LOL.
Only you would know who Picasso is.

The 5th and the Dip SE is the same header with different grill and bezels.
Its the same under that and will bolt right to the Salon.

5th and SE will be easier to find then Salon.

Say hello to Picasso for me. :D
--- Post updated ---
Just curious.
Wouldn't a Gran Fury header do?

plymouth.1985.grandfury-02.jpg

David Clark

Reaction score
Sounds great, but alas, the Junkyards want more money than I have right now (not including shipping), that's why I was looking for someone who maybe had one with Drivers side damage on it that was willing to just cut off the small section where the headlights are and ship that out in a smaller box. I'm not looking to do a Restoration on this thing right now as Money Doesn't Permit (I'm working off VA Disability Here) and that come come later. I just need something to get the headlight up off the bumper so the car can be somewhat semi street legal. I don't care what it looks like right now, Drivability is the Driving Factor here, Not Cosmetic Prettiness LOL.
--- Post updated ---
--- Post updated ---
Hood Ornament not included.

Thanks Much for the offer but yeah, Fuel to Come get it would be more expensive than shipping it LOL. I wish I was indeed Closer but alas, that is life.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The only problem I see is that header panel is fiberglass. That makes it tough to do just a section without some good fab skills. Plus the lack of grille.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
It just occurred to me that I do have a 85 Diplomat Salon parts car that was hit on one side.
I will have to look and see which side.
Do you just need the fiberglass part?
I'm thinking it was the drivers side that was damaged.
I already pulled the stuff off and its lying in a pile.
I'm using the V8 K Frame for the Volare Duster.

David Clark

Reaction score
Yeah, I could pick it up no problem, Until you figure in the cost of Fuel to get from one side of the state to the other. It's only a 8 Hour Drive for me to there, but that's at least 3 tanks if not 4 on the Mini Van. I don't know anyone in Sioux Falls. And Like I said, My budget is just a tad bit thin right now with the money I had to dump into the new Radiator for it. I've got a little bit of money in My Paypal Credit Account that I can only use for Online Purchases, That's why I figured I would just shoot for someone having a section that was bad on the drivers side that they could cut up with a hack saw or something and get a good usable Passenger side off of.
--- Post updated ---
It just occurred to me that I do have a 85 Diplomat Salon parts car that was hit on one side.
I'm really not too sure. I haven't really looked at it all that much, just enough to get all the busted pieces on the passenger side off so they wouldn't fall off while driving it. I can look at it more tomorrow if we don't get the 3 inches of snow they are calling for tonight LOL.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm thinking it was the drivers side that was damaged.
I already pulled the stuff off and its lying in a pile.
I'm using the V8 K Frame for the Volare Duster.

You're a good man Sir.

Yeah, I could pick it up no problem, Until you figure in the cost of Fuel to get from one side of the state to the other. It's only a 8 Hour Drive for me to there, but that's at least 3 tanks if not 4 on the Mini Van. I don't know anyone in Sioux Falls. And Like I said, My budget is just a tad bit thin right now with the money I had to dump into the new Radiator for it. I've got a little bit of money in My Paypal Credit Account that I can only use for Online Purchases, That's why I figured I would just shoot for someone having a section that was bad on the drivers side that they could cut up with a hack saw or something and get a good usable Passenger side off of.
--- Post updated ---

I'm really not too sure. I haven't really looked at it all that much, just enough to get all the busted pieces on the passenger side off so they wouldn't fall off while driving it. I can look at it more tomorrow if we don't get the 3 inches of snow they are calling for tonight LOL.

You might be able to just "glue?" the section you need in place.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
Thank You for your service for our country!
The more I think of it, the more I think its the passenger side thats good.
I cant give up any trim pieces though.
Did anything survive like the headlight chrome bezel?

David Clark

Reaction score
You might be able to just "glue?" the section you need in place.

There's not much left of my section. The only piece left was the Piece along the top above the headlights, the Chrome Buckets the lights sit and the cups those sit in are GONE. I found two or three pieces down below but they were all the size of about a quarter or half dollar.
--- Post updated ---
One Headlight is missing as well (I can pick that up at wally world or autozone) along with it's Socket connector, I could care less about the Chrome trim right now as eventually once I did get caught back up on things, Plan to get that header panel from the junkyard in sioux falls if he still has it two months from now or so. Just need something to hold up the headlights and Turn Signal Panel. Heck, if I have to, I can dig around in my Junk Pile out here and maybe find a piece of ductwork or something and make something to hold up the headlights, Whether the Local Cops will like it or not, Not sure on that LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back