Heater Control Panel Light

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Took the aspen out last night and noticed all my lighting works except for the heater control panel. I pulled the cover off and had a look and see no socket for a bulb. I am pretty sure it should be wired with a instrument light am I correct on this year? Thank You.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Ì can check my service manual when I get home if you like.

Yeah I pulled it out and there is a wire harness that plugs into the panel but nothing that shows a socket are any place for a bulb. It might be lighted thru the panel it self. So a little confused. Thank You.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah I pulled it out and there is a wire harness that plugs into the panel but nothing that shows a socket are any place for a bulb. It might be lighted thru the panel it self. So a little confused. Thank You.

Ah.....so you've already got the manual.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Ah.....so you've already got the manual.

No I still have not bought a manual just visually inspected. I only see one place for power and that is the harness it self that plugs into the switch. Weird I figured it would be let with a bulb or socket. I have no clue.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
No I still have not bought a manual just visually inspected. I only see one place for power and that is the harness it self that plugs into the switch. Weird I figured it would be let with a bulb or socket. I have no clue.

I'll take a peek. What year is your car again?

Aspen500

Reaction score
There should be a bulb. It has sort of a separate little harness (about 3" long or so) with the socket attached and plugs into the main harness with a "T" shaped connector. If I remember correctly, the harness it pugs into is actually another sub harness for the ash tray and radio lighting also. Will be orange and black wires. Manual says 158 bulb but I believe a 194 is slightly brighter (about 1/2 watt different).

Here's a pic pointing to the spot for the bulb. This is an A/C-heat control but a heat only one will be similar.

DSCF0001.JPG

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I more then likely will half to slice into the wires leading to the radio since the light for it works. I have looked everywhere I see no plug socket. I hate wiring but I will fix it. Thanks for sharing a picture.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Yeah I am gonna half to try and find at least two sockets one for ash tray and one for heater panel they are missing. Here is a picture of the hole. Thank you for the diagram Captain.

IMG_20151112_185547_281.jpg

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score

I guess Jim has been pretty busy. I sent him a pm awhile back and haven't heard from him. It was a big list might of scared him to death lol Also contacted Arizona parts to see if they had anything I needed waiting. You can get the ones off ebay for the cluster but that is all I have found so far.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I guess Jim has been pretty busy. I sent him a pm awhile back and haven't heard from him. It was a big list might of scared him to death lol Also contacted Arizona parts to see if they had anything I needed waiting. You can get the ones off ebay for the cluster but that is all I have found so far.

You might have better luck getting Jim here.

http://www.jimsazparts.com

jim@jimsazparts.com

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Memory tells me the bulb socket has that orange wire. I wonder if your lamp socket fell out of the control box, and is lurking inside the dash cavern?

Aspen500

Reaction score
No promises but,,,,,,,,,,,I'll take a look tomorrow. I've got some old wire harnesses from F-body and a couple other late '70's Mopars (b-body). Might have a couple sockets or maybe even the actual sub harness.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Memory tells me the bulb socket has that orange wire. I wonder if your lamp socket fell out of the control box, and is lurking inside the dash cavern?

I sure do wish that was the case. It pissed me off so bad I took the entire dash apart looking for one. No luck in the search. As of right now it looks like I need a total of three sockets.

Heater panel Map light and Ash tray. All are missing the socket and or bulb. In all reality not a big deal but why not fix something the right way is how I look at it anyways.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
If your car didn't have the light pkg, may not of ever had a map light or ash tray light. Not sure about '77 but my '79 has the light pkg and it also included a glove box light (and the trunk light may have been part of the option as well?).

Soon as I get some breakfast in me, I'll start digging through my harnesses. Never know, might get lucky and have what you need.

Back