Heater core removal video

slant6billy

Reaction score
Took me longer to process the video. I used my kid's computer (Windows Vista). It was a bit problematic. I'd say the process took longer than actual removal. The video is only 36 minutes with some dead spots and some bad lighting-- sorry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jjcWTOAI08&feature=youtu.be

Part 2 is the reinstall with the new one. I'm still puting things back together like my 2 new heater hoses and cleaning up different things

slant6billy

Reaction score
I know some modern cars and SUVs are so difficult like my friends Lincoln Navigator; the hackjob is to take the glovebox door off and cut through the plastic backpanel with a utility knife. Obviously, the way to do a modern throw away car and old car are really different. My fear was to break a plastic panel or break an electrical wire. I would not have trusted any half wit mechanic to do a heater core now or back in the day. At the least, a good mechanic would have his hands full with the level of care needed. Too many shops would have just cut ever corner to get the job done. Luckily I know some really good shops, but with a 3 week wait to get a job started

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
A good friend of mine who's a brilliant mechanic was just telling me the horrors of doing one on a Lincoln town car.
I think it took him almost two days. That's also because he does things right.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Just think if all vehicles had two or three in one vehicle. Heat sure is nice when someone is freezing lol I like that cool looking breather double neck.

Back