FOR SALE Heater core seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shoe

Reaction score
Contact seller
865FA9E4-5ABB-4859-90E3-0D1D139D2CD6.jpeg
I have an original heater core seal from a ‘78 Aspen that I removed from a customers car. The core was in poor shape and our local radiator guy has recently passed away. The other shop I deal with wanted over $300 to fix it so my customer purchased a core for an 80’s Fifth Ave (I believe) and I made it fit, but the seal wouldn’t work with it. This is a used seal/gasket that is in good shape. If anybody wants it they can have it, just pay for shipping. Send my your zip and I will get a price for you. Thanks for looking.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm not positive but I think only heater cores on A/C cars have the big seal like that. Heat only doesn't. Can't recall what type seal, if any, heat only uses. Maybe a thin foam around the perimeter(?)

The Shoe

Reaction score
If I remember correctly the Aspen I removed it from is an A/C car. The dimensions of the core he bought were just off enough to cause an interference problem between the two halves of the heater box. I used closed cell foam to seal it. He wasn’t too particular about it, just wanted to get the car back on the road.

volare 1977

Reaction score
You are probably right about it being for a a A/C car. I only remember some thin foam on the non a/c ones I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back