HELP!!!!!! PLEASE I NEED THE KNOWLEDGE TO PROGRESS THE FA

SirDenhudir

Reaction score
So my battery was garbage which sucks cause it was brand new, but i got that replaced and it runs way smoother. Still doesn't idle which leaves only a few things left to change/repair which is obviously the carburetor (Holly 6280 feedback 2 barrel), emissions (egr,o2 sensor), timing maybe the chain has slack but im thinking the distributor is bad, it definitely looks to be the original one, or finally the exhaust is plugged. I'm not sure were to start because it costs money and that I dont have a lot of. Working with at most im gonna say $200 cash.
P.S. Because everyone says it's most important, I've already did the one over on fuel lines/filters etc. Replaced spark plugs and wires plus cap and rotor, new battery, checked alternator it is in great shape. Went through all vacuum lines and vacuum hard lines all sealed and routed properly, cleaned up at all earth connections and wire clip connections, belts are good, has air pump (i think thats what it is) pulley squeaking and a weird knock that sounds like a metal fan hitting something perhaps. That knocking sound is new only happened two days ago. So since my battery was bad but could still hold about 10.26 volts of power it would still start my car just barely. As anyone who knows the vehicle, already knows that stalling is a popular thing this Chrysler likes to do. I had to hold the throttle everytime i stopped or even started the car. Which made shifting into gear terrible, I would rev up the engine right before i would shift to keep it running and as the rpm would fall low enough i'd shift at the right rpm then apply throttle A.S.A.P. to try and make it as smooth as possible without it stalling out. So what im getting at, before I write everyone a book, I had a very hard shift from netural into drive gear which the feeling was terrible made me apologize to the car right after it happened. Now i knocks a bit when in park with any type of load on the engine its not the transmission i made sure of that right away and not coming from block, it's coming from very front of the engine were the pulleys and fan are. Please if you have any information about this. Lend me your words so I may carry them onward to future motorheads like us. Please and Thank you, SirDenhudir

Darth-Car

Reaction score
If the rattle is from the front of the motor, that old timing chain may just be your issue, especially since you have been straining that engine doing Neutral drops. Go for one of those nice double roller timing chain sets with the tensioner.

Back