Help please

lowbudget

Reaction score
First of all buy one of these. 1988 DODGE DIPLOMAT CHRYSLER FIFTH AVENUE NEWPORT FURY FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL | eBay
This is a great price. IIRC here's the dash
Unhook neg. battery cable!
Pull out 4? Phillips heads on the top of instrument panel cover then pull the 4? on bottom. Put the car in gear so panel will clear gearshift lever and remove.
There are 4 screws, 5/16 or 3/8, 2 in each defroster vent to remove.....do not drop lol
Then there are 3? holding the dash pad on behind the insrument cover that you pulled remove these.
Now I think pull the screws below the glove box panel. IIRC the dash pad and glove box and panel comes out in 1 piece. Unhook light and trunk control and remove.
You might have to massage dash to get new speaker to fit. Watch out for new speaker connector grounding on dash.

This is all from memory so there are no guarantees and I am not responsible for any mistakes and tore up stuff.......come to think about it I'm not responsible when it comes to anything. Good luck

If I was at home I'd shoot you a copy of the service manual pages but I'm at work for 12 more days.

Back