help with getting a bonded title in Missouri

Ed Dorey

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with getting a bonded title. The R/T I bought didn't have a title and I'm getting the run around from the state. I know I need a certain form filled out by the highway patrol. My problem is they won't fill it out until I have all the other paperwork done. but I can't get the other paperwork done without that form filled out. Any hints are greatly appreciated

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
A catch 22.
I'm in Oklahoma - but know nothing about what you are needing.

Justwondering

Reaction score
In Texas you fill out the form requesting a title and send it in with 12 bucks
Wait a few weeks and they send you back a denial.
Then you fill out the other paperwork to get the bonded title and give more money.

At that point you wait two years and reapply to get the title. Here it is a two year wait for other party to claim the car

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Rule of thumb in Ohio; if it does not have a clear title, do not buy it.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Funny how different states have such different rules about it. Wisconsin is basically, get the Police of your choice (local, county or state) to verify the VIN, fill out the paper work at the DMV (the worst part, lol), pay the fee and wait for them to run the records to be sure it isn't listed as stolen or have an outstanding lien, etc and a couple three weeks later a new title in your name shows up. Fairly pain free,,,,,,,other than going over to the DMV that is.:eek:

Seems the How to get a Missouri title site got blocked by Norton as dangerous. Use with caution:D

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Here in AZ if you have the full vin in two places on the car....dash and door...the MVD can inspect it. If just one...dash... then it gets inspected by the MVD Police...lol
$20 inspection fee, looking for mis-matched partial vins, etc. get a form from them then on to the insurance company to get a bond based on the value of the vehicle...as it sits...then on to the MVD to get title.
In every case when I've done it:
$20 inspection fee
$50 bond fee
$4 title fee.
All done in one day.
For $74 I had a bonded title on the car and the bond "falls off" after 2 years.
I had NO paperwork of any kind on any of the cars I've done this with.

Every car I've done this with had been out of the MVD system for so long it didnt show up on any of their computer searches. For a 40 yerar old car they arent about to dig through the microfische looking for previous owner. Not showing up as stolen is pretty much the main concern for any MVD/DMV.

Back