Holden Similarities

Leizurtime

Reaction score
I guess thats how the Aussies advertised back in the days :eek:

holden_sandman_panel_van.jpeg

Amazing how similar the rear is to my Volare Wagon.

hj0053190ok.8054.jpg

I had a sudden wave of inspiration. A clone of the the 75 Holden as it appeared in the original mad max movie. :rolleyes:

Panel_van.jpg

Probably won't do it, but seemed like an interesting possibilty. Always was fascinated with Mad Max. If I'd recreate a Mad Max car I'd want it to be the XBGT Intercepter. Of course I'd do it with a new Dodge Challenger. What I affectionately dub as the "Bronze Intercepter."

12509642_10156491926780635_1345426179576644205_n.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
I almost bought a 71 ford Maverick for 300 bucks in 2007. It was 3 on the tree stick car with a 200 six. I had plans of taking a 1993 GT stang that was missing the title and donating the heart & soul (motor / 5 speed) into the maverick. The Stang had an after market hood with the mach 1 style scoops like above and an aftermarket nose. So the plan was to graph the nose & hood onto the Maverick. My wife failed to see my vision. So it never happened

4speedjim

Reaction score
Some of them Aussie cars are pretty cool. Im envious they have El camino Holdens that are fairly popular. They must sell enough they keep producing them. I know its a GM, but I loved mine before they became cool. Some of them Aussie cars are just different enough. I always thought it would be cool to import a few. Never figured how to pay for it.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I always thought it would be cool to import a few. Never figured how to pay for it.
Even back in the ‘80’s, I’ve been wanting a Hemi car – but “Never figured how to pay for it”.
Now they are priced more than I’ve earned my entire lifetime . . .

Back