hood release failure

slant6billy

Reaction score
Ok, Déjà Vu here. I snapped my cable back in 1994 and it was downhill from there. Today, while blasting out on the road with Eve and making carb adjustments, the hood failed to pop. I got it home and with a long skinny screw driver, got the latch to open. The cable had not snapped this time. The cable anchor / collar had jumped out of the bracket. Thus, the whole cable and sleeved jacket moved when pulling the under dash lever. I guess after several years of popping that hood, the collar gets worn. So it is back in, but I cinched it up with a tyrap. Functions fine.

alf44

Reaction score
i added a inside release but kept the grill pull rod and its still mounted to the latch.. it is mounted to the vertical latch brace so if my inside one ever fails all i need to do reach under bumper and pull

slant6billy

Reaction score
Can you post a pic. I am thinking of doing something similar. thanks

alf44

Reaction score
no pic right now.. but do you still have the grill pull rod? if so, keep it in its stock place but swing the rod straight down till its resting on the latch support and use a small plastic wire tie or tape it down so no rattles

Back