how rare roadrunner with sunroof

qwkslvr

Reaction score
Hi. I was at a car show yesterday and there was a 1977 Volare Roadrunner there for sale. A 3 owner car with original paint and interior, buckets,auto with console,hemi orange with the stripes and spoilers. It also had a factory sunroof which must be rare. It is in really good shape in and out. Only bad thing was someone screwed a tach to the dash pad. Sorry I don't have pictures. Bobby

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Good question. I've seen lots of orange RR's, but... in person, only one or two F's of any kind with the sunroof. So, I would guess very few. A nice option as long as it isn't rusted.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Per the book there were well over 2500 76-77 f-s produced, far less in 76 then 77. My sunroof R/T seems to be like less then 500 and it would be a stretch to toss a number out there with any kind of accuracy.

I had a different sunroof F superpack car that if I knew better then id of kept it and replaced all it needed but I didnt, a regret I will have for a good bit of time.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
id of kept it and replaced all it needed but I didnt, a regret I will have for a good bit of time.
Oh yes... I still regret getting rid of my '78 Aspen SE T-top. It had rust and was beat up, but nothing that couldn't have been fixed. I tried to sell it for only $500 - had no takers, and it wound up going to the crusher. Agggh. Still makes me sick.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I've sent a few cars to the crusher fewer mopars no Fbodys.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I've got some pics of it before it went on it's last journey. I'll have to see if I can dig them up. It was pretty in it's day. White with butterscotch half vinyl roof and interior, buckets, console, Rally wheels (kept them) and T-tops (kept them too). It had a GREAT three spoke steering wheel that I let go of only to spend several years trying to find another one for OY! Oh well. :(

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ive parted way too many good ones.

DSC03029 (2).JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
The type of lower hinge used and how its fastened. I should of said very subtle difference.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Interesting!! I didn't know that. I was thinking, color? Shape of back seat? Humm. Are you talking about the metal side strap type hinge that lowers the spacer panel?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Yes, the portion that attaches to the body. Ya know for a long time I never made that connection of the fold down seat car and wagon until I got a wagon. Ive the parts to "make" a fold down seat car and never thought id find a fold down parts car but in reality I can graft them off any wagon so im glad I never tossed them.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I always liked that option, but I only ever owned one F coupe - the poor old T-top. I've owned about 7 or 8 F wagons. Before I got my first F, I really wanted a Gold Duster with the fold down seat option. White with tan interior and alligator patterned vinyl roof, side stripes, and Rally wheels please. Make that a 318 four speed too while you are at it.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ive a 318 4 speed t top car sitting and would be a easy resto, not even a resto, just a repaint and some nos trim and it would be fine. But ive not touched it and only keep it for one silly reason.

I dont think it would need much metal replaced. This area is common for junk to build up and stay wet.

View attachment 36145

View attachment 36146

old yellow 78

Reaction score
318 four speed would be quite nice. My T-top was a slant six one barrel, which was weird because it was a '78 and an SE, so I would have thought that whoever bought it new, would have at least sprung for the Super Six. I sometimes think that I would like it if OY was a 318 instead of the Super Six, but I also think the slant is a great engine too.

Back