I Love my wife...BUT.....LOLOL

David Clark

Reaction score
I love my wife, I really do, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

She found this guy who was selling an 87 Fifth Avenue (and she remembered me telling her about how Fifth Ave, GranFury and Diplomats all used the same Front header when I was talking about the 86 Dippy One day) for 20 bucks just to get it off his property and out of the way. Sight unseen she Gave him the 20 bucks and got a bill of sale, Thinking I could take the Header panel off that and put it on the dippy. Well, Here are the pics we got of the Fifth Avenue for 20 bucks LOLOLOLOL.

On a Good Note, I guess I will be Getting 15 Inch Tires and Rims for the ASPEN now. LOLOL, and plenty of OTHER Good Parts for the Dippy. She Tried, She really really Tried LOLOLOL

63354281.jpg
63354284.jpg
63354286.jpg
63354288.jpg
63354290.jpg

David Clark

Reaction score
Hey.....you gotta love a girl who buys you an M body.
Yeah, and for less money than I spent on the First M body LOL. It's a shame that the header panel on this one is busted all the hell too LOL. Will be picking it up on Saturday. If the 318 is Good, Maybe I could throw that into the Aspen Eventually Too, LOL.

David Clark

Reaction score
Indeed it was. Gonna have to teach her all the correct Terminology for parts now I think. And have her Get Pics of everything at least before she buys it. Not Gonna Complain to much, got a hold of the seller on this one and the The Motor is still good, not seized or anything, tires are good, just another Damaged Front Header LOL. I swear the Deer up here will commit Suicide for M Bodies LOL. This one might be worth fixing up too, who knows LOL.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It doesn't APPEAR to have much, if any, rust in the photo's. Who knows what the underside looks like though, sitting on the dirt and weeds. At any rate, obviously not a Wisconsin car :)

David Clark

Reaction score
I just talked to the Lady who owns this LOL, Know here quite well and didn't even know she had this car, and turns out, it was her Trip Car till it got hit by the deer (DAMN DEER UP HERE) and it runs as she drove it home that night it got smushed up. Soooo, It just might be worth saving too. She has no time or money to get it fixed up and says it's cluttering up her yard now LOL. She's gonna get it cleaned out today and I can pick it up anytime. She also offered me a 91 Sable Wagon and 98 Taurus Sedan that I can have to part out or whatever for 5 bucks each. She's a Great Lady, Full of Piss and Vinegar too LOL.
--- Post updated ---
Well, Went over and picked up the 5th Ave today, in the wind, snow, rain, and sleet (all in the span of half an hour) and was talking to the Lady, it's been sitting for 5 yrs but ran the day she got hit by the deer. I don't think I will attempt to start it with Fuel in the tank that's 5 yrs old, so will probably drop the tank and check it out first. Windows have been down in the Back and one front for over 5 yrs too, UGH. Interior on the seats doesn't look to bad, headliner is Toast. Body is DAMN good. Pics coming soon (Other Pics are ones she took before we picked it up). Will pick up the Sable and Taurus Next week when she gets back from vacation.
--- Post updated ---
Ok, here's some pics of her at home.

She followed me home so Now I have to keep her.
IMG_2264.JPG

Made it without falling off. (Yes that is a Home built Tow Dolly)
IMG_2265.JPG

Leather Interior??
IMG_2266.JPG

Back Seat is Good, just has Crap on it from the windows being down.
IMG_2267.JPG

Butt View (that's the Dippy in the Back ground)
IMG_2268.JPG

Another Tushy View (76 Dart Sport in the Back ground)
IMG_2269.JPG

Side view, Both Rear and Front window are down, will have to get a battery in there and see if they work.
IMG_2270.JPG

Front End Damage, Fender is Bent, Not sure if I can Fix that or not yet. (74 Road Runner in Background)
IMG_2271.JPG

And Unfortunately the Glass/Crystal Pentastar is Cracked. UGH
IMG_2272.JPG

David Clark

Reaction score
Yeah, Definitely worth the 20 bucks.

I've Got Several Vehicles piling up out here to eventually break down into parts. I used to process scrap out here but the prices on scrap have sunk so low that it's not worth it right now, so I am sitting on all of it.

79 has the /6 in it, Possibly Considering putting the 360 from my 89 Ramcharger in it, or the Road Runner, Or the 318 I have in the 88 Ramcharger. Will have to convert them back over to Carbs and Vac Advance Timing Though first. I'm not big on all that electronic Crap. I don't use the Ramchargers anymore so they are just sitting there now. The 318 one has a Bad Tranny, and the 360 One needs a Top end job done it eventually. Once I pull the motors and Tranny's, will probably sell them as Rolling Chassis'.
--- Post updated ---
Soo, Have made the Decision to Keep this one instead of Parting it out. Will have to find two header panels now as we still have the one on the Dippy pieced together.

This one has also been sitting for about 5 yrs after the accident so looks like the whole fuel system will have to be Gone over on this one too as it's had a half a tank of fuel in it for 5 yrs. YUCK. We'll do this one over time though, no hurry to get it up and running as the Dippy is Purring like a Kitten. She said it ran and Drove Fine the day of the accident and she Drove it home after hitting the suicidal Deer.

Two of the Windows (Both on Passenger side) have shot Window Motors in them, I got them taped up for now. Those Seats in there are COMFY as hell and actually feel better than the seats in our Damn 2006 Mini Van.

What I really need to find now is a cheap pos parts car for these damn things instead of finding "Keepers" LOL.

Justwondering

Reaction score
david...
I need a 1961 pontiac tempest donor car for the same reason.
And yes, those seats are suhweet!

I have an extra passenger side that has a large rust stain on it if you need something to make do in another car. Rust wont come out of the leather but I couldn't throw it away. Used to be my problem with yarn and fabric... now its yarn, fabric, and car parts. lordy lordy.

David Clark

Reaction score
Thanks for the Offer, Body parts is what I need though LOL. Interior on the Diplomat is Pristine too. I just gotta quit fining cars that like to play with Suicidal Deer. LOL

Justwondering

Reaction score
nope ...
--- Post updated ---
I just cant imagine anyone wanting a stained seat. I'm thinking of making a frame for it and putting it on casters to use at the workbench.

Assuming i get a work bench.
Assuming work bench is on flat concrete
Assuming work benh on flat concrete has roof and walls to keep the rain out. lol

Justwondering

Reaction score
Darth-Car -- you so right.
I already traded the rv for two days of electrician time. He wanted to take it to the deer lease. Thats how I learned what electrical knowledge I have.

proud to say I was able to wire all the lights including the two three way switches in the garage. The neatest thing is .. they work.... like they were supposed to.

Guess I have to wait til I run the radiant floor lines so I can put up the last of the drywall and free up floor space for that workbench! unless I come up with a backup plan.

David Clark

Reaction score
Well, a bit of Good News here on the Dippy and 5th Projects. Mom and Dad are renting a Place in Iowa from a Farmer and he had an old 5th Sitting on his place. they talked him out of the Front header panel on his 5th for me for 50 bucks. It's a Bare Bones Header Panel but it's all good. He also had another 5th that has a complete Header Panel on it and got it for the same price. Loaded Header Panel. Including the Wiring Harness and all light bulbs. Now all I have to do is plan a Trip Back to Visit them and pick them up (700 miles one way trip) as they are too old to figure out how to wrap them up to ship. And besides, I gotta go visit them again anyway LOL. Here's a pic of the Stipped down one. When they get a pic of the Loaded one I'll post that one.
IMG_2295.JPG

Back