If Only I Had The Money

Master M

Reaction score
That plain jane machine would shock the hell out of some of this new stuff on the roads today. Love that big block !!! The volume at 10 for that audible exhaust note. What a daily driver is supposed to be... Go get it Captain.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That plain jane machine would shock the hell out of some of this new stuff on the roads today. Love that big block !!! The volume at 10 for that audible exhaust note. What a daily driver is supposed to be... Go get it Captain.

Lol.....hence the title of my post.
But oh man would I love to. I too am a huge lover of plain janer's like that. And you just know it would push you right back into your seat when you hit the pedal.

Aspen500

Reaction score
About the asking price, I'd suspect it's along the lines of "if you have to ask............"

Can you imagine when car companies could build something like that for sale to the general public? It certainly was a different era, wasn't it?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yep. It was a time when people actually knew how to drive for the most part. Without "crash avoidance", backup cameras and park assist.
1963-Dodge-Polara_336015_low_res.jpg

I believe they're asking $89,900

1963 Dodge Polara For Sale | Collector and Classic Cars For Sale | RK Motors Charlotte

Aspen500

Reaction score
A lot of money but actually, it sounds reasonable for a car like that, in that condition.

One problem with it though. It's so nice you'd hate to ever drive it, at least I would.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Storing it properly and keeping it out of the elements and harms way....yes.

But I'd drive that beast like I stole it.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
A man after my own heart. No point in owning it IMO if you can`t drive like it`s rented.

That's my thinking. It took a little while though. I remember when I finished (I know......they're never finished) my Caravelle I used to baby the hell out of it. Only because I'd spent so much time on it. That lasted about a year. Now? I drive that thing like.....I think it was Slant6billy who coined this phrase.....like a hooker with a missing tooth. I believe these cars were meant to be driven. Driven hard. That's what I do with all of them and I get the feeling that the cars love it just as much as I do.

It ain't no 63 Polara.....but I built this thing myself. Took it from destined to the boneyard to one hell of a 10 footer......and I drive the piss out of it and love every second of it. :D

20160702_163612.jpg

20160702_163320.jpg

Master M

Reaction score
That's my thinking. It took a little while though. I remember when I finished (I know......they're never finished) my Caravelle I used to baby the hell out of it. Only because I'd spent so much time on it. That lasted about a year. Now? I drive that thing like.....I think it was Slant6billy who coined this phrase.....like a hooker with a missing tooth. I believe these cars were meant to be driven. Driven hard. That's what I do with all of them and I get the feeling that the cars love it just as much as I do.

It ain't no 63 Polara.....but I built this thing myself. Took it from destined to the boneyard to one hell of a 10 footer......and I drive the piss out of it and love every second of it. :D

View attachment 16831
View attachment 16832
And there is extreme satisfaction in saving a car you love from the wrecker, that you can't realize until you do all the sweat labor yourself !! She's a beauty.

Back