If only I were always this good

brotherGood

Reaction score
The town over had their annual garage sales on saturday, and I got a taste for deals once again. A precursor to this, is the last Holley carb I picked up. I think I shared it on here, but to refresh..the shop I used to use was shutting down. The guy told pops to just take whatever he wanted, so I got a crap ton of cabinets..they still had a bunch of stuff in them. I have 9 dozen (at least) lightbulbs, and picked up about 3 sets of plugs..one for LA engines. More importantly though, I picked up a Holley carburetor that..after decoding..ended up being a rare date coded 66 427 4spd Corvette. May be hitting up a super Chevy show to see what I can get for it..

But Saturday, I didnt plan on buying anything except a lawnmower (I need one..mine is crapping out). Were going through, and all the sudden my wife pulls me aside and points out a car part (she's learning) I walk over and see its a holley and looks pretty good. Then I see they're only asking 5 bucks for it..so its now in my garage. Its a 3310-2..750 CFM Vacuum secondary..I figure if I dont use it, I can at least get my 5 bucks back. Later on, I find a lawnmower, and on my way back, ran into a Hurst shifter for 30 bucks. If I had the extra cash...it'd be in the garage too..but I barely brought anything to begin with.

I wish I could find good deals more often, I'd love to find another parts car for next to nothing..but I guess the more I get out there, the more I'll find.

Justwondering

Reaction score
What a fantastic day of junking! I envy you going to garage sales. Seems like my only ventures out are to take someone to the doctor and they want back home as soon as possible.

I'm still thinking I need to get a barn and maybe Santa will fill it with goodies for me one year. lol

Back