I'm baaaaaaaaaccccccckkkkkkkkk!

ramenth

Reaction score
Been a while, folks.

Since my last post I've been on a journey.

In October I took a trip. Took me three weeks, with multiple stops along the way, 3800 miles on the car, and a lot of good people along the way. It helped begin the mending process. It helped me begin to re-establish my life and figure out where Sarah and Robert ended and where Robert begins. I was able to realize that I still have hopes and dreams to accomplish on my own.

Now that I'm back I've been focused on getting business done. On that agenda I've closed the deal on four cars: a '69 Super Bee, two '69 Road Runners, and more importantly to you guys, an '83 M-body AHB.

Plans for the B-bodies are to restore and resale. I wanna get my restoration shop going again and this is one way for me to get my name out there.

The AHB I'm not sure what to do with yet, especially in the short term, other than to tinker on it, getting it running and driving. Not sure how much use it'll see, as I want to get going on my old man's '54 Ford this winter to get it running and driving and enjoy it next summer.

The long term plans might be to clone it out as an old Sunoco special NYS trooper car, taking it to shows and getting it in parades. I've been dreaming about doing that now for a few years now. It's nothing I'd have to rush on, just take it a little at time and build it from there, accumulating parts, etc.

I'll get up pics when I get it home, which might not be 'til spring, now that's its all snowed in.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Very happy to hear you're back and things are coming together for you.
When tragedy strikes, some people tend to self destruct.
So great to hear you went the other way.
Post up some pics when you can
And welcome back.

Erics5th

Reaction score
Glad your back man. I've been in your shoes.... Life will never be the same, but it will get better (if that makes sense). :hello:

ramenth

Reaction score
Very happy to hear you're back and things are coming together for you.
When tragedy strikes, some people tend to self destruct.
So great to hear you went the other way.
Post up some pics when you can
And welcome back.

The tendency was there. For the first few weeks after Sarah passed away I sat on the couch and did nothing. I mean, nothing. If I ate it wasn't because I was hungry, it was to do something other than sit on the couch. The local pizza places' delivery drivers got to know me well. A large pizza would last a week. A slice a night. I didn't care. I didn't care to eat, I didn't care to shower, I just didn't care. I'd sit on the couch and count the minutes to bed time.

I needed the trip. I needed to get up and see people I hadn't seen in ages. Family in Florida. People along the way who opened their doors for me, each time introducing Sarah to people she never met. That helped big time, to be able to talk about her to people who didn't know her.

Along the way, sometime, my depression lifted. I found my appetite, I was able to laugh again. The time alone behind the wheel and in the hotel rooms allowed me sit and think and reflect, to pray and reconnect with God.

I was also able to reconnect with someone very near and dear to me. My best friend and I had a blow up before I left. She called me during my trip, almost six weeks after our blow up. She's back in my life, now, helping me and support me through all this, just like the rest of my family.

I feel Sarah close to me at times. I felt her along the way on my trip and now I feel her in my times of need for her, like she's close. I've felt her head on my shoulder, I've felt her arm around me.

As sad as it sounds though, I still have to live. And it took me a while to figure that out. There's a plan for me, whatever that plan may be. And it's not up to me to know what the plan is. God has that handled. I only have to live the plan as He unfolds it before me.

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
As sad as it sounds though said:
Amen brother.......Amen. Good to hear from you. We all expect to see some pics of the new projects.....from start to finish!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The healing process is often quite a journey.
Not always a good one.
When my beloved mother was taken from me
I was young and didn't respond well.
I spent a fair stretch of time surviving on coffee, cocaine and cigarettes.
Not good life choices, but as I said I was young.
With the help of true friends and guidance from above
I put my life back together.
Unfortunately there was a string of further tragedies
But with the lessons I had learned previously
I was able to deal with things much better.
Flash forward to now,
Life is good and I have a multitude of great and cherished memories.
This, I am certain will be the case with you also in time.
May God shine on you and guide you in your healing Robert.
Sounds like he already is.

God bless,
Can't wait to see some of these pics of your new babies.
The AHB in particular!!!
All the best Sir.

efriedrich

Reaction score
God bless you and your angel Sarah, carry on bro...

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Robert, glad to see you are back and that you are getting through the 'roughest patches,' if you will. Best plan on putting those LSD warning stickers I sent to good use, ya hear? In all seriousness, its good to hear the updates, see you back on here and all that.
-FT

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are almost back 100%. You will always have a part of you with sarah, as well as a part of sarah will be with you. Maybe it was she who thought you had sat around long enuf and put the notion into your head that you need to get up and do something b4 you go down a dark road. Glad to hear you picked up so cool cars. Looking forward to reading about them and what you do with them.

ramenth

Reaction score
well... I'm back - round two. Or, what I've been doing

Just bought a house. 3 bedroom, two bath, sitting on five acres of land. Closed the deal back in April and moved in May 1st.

Just what I needed, too. Get out of Elmira, get away from the neighborhood down there - with it's busy bodies who thought they had a right to run my life for me. Get out of the house that Sarah and I dreamed of making our own.

It was move in if I was able to put up with the hideous colors the PO painted the living room/dining room. These two rooms were covered in baby-s*** green with white texturing. Did some mud work, some paint work, new trimming, and voila! the place looks more livable.

The kitchen was in primer... I hate to think of what hideous color the old woman was thinking about for in there. Now it's a nice pale yellow to shed more light.

Still have to get into the master bed and bath rooms to go over the purple in there.

Had to reclaim the yard. Some trees and bushes that needed trimming and pruning. Got over a face cord of wood off an old apple tree that hadn't seen any shaping in decades. Used some of it on Memorial Day to smoke down the pork butts. Figure I've got enough apple to smoke pork with for..oh... about the next decade or so.

Trying to figure out the garage situation. Of course, I need one. A big one. With everything else I've got to do around the house and the yard, I just can't see having the time to build one, so I'm thinking of getting estimates to have one built.

Still got to pull my projects in. Finally got my F150 on the road and bought the trailer I need to drag everything in. Just need to figure where to put everything.

But this is exactly what I've needed. I've been so busy I haven't had time to dwell on the fact that it was last month a year ago when we found out about Sarah's tumor and how things started going to hell from there.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Good for your Robert. I just got fired and found a new job. It will take time for me to heal as well but you are an inspiration.

Back