I'm Still Alive!

rcmaniac791

Reaction score
Well howdy everyone!

I know it's been some time since you've seen me around these parts. Life has been absolutely nuts the last year or so, as my family has lost 3 of our members withing 8 months of each other, and we have had to deal with that, but everything is starting to look up.

For those of you who I haven't had the pleasure to meet yet, I am currently a college student, and I'm 4 months away from wrapping up my 3rd year in this place. Fortunately, I have my faithful 5th here to keep me sane.

The lawncare season was nuts in 2017, as I got new mowers and trailers and customers, etc. So I was PLENTY busy. All this time, the forum just faded into the background, until now!

On another note, I did just acquire 2 new project cars, a 1963 Studebaker Avanti and a 1929 Chrysler 65 coupe. Both belonged to my grandparents, and since we now have to start clearing things out, I get to turn my attention to the cars and try to get them back on the road, which I guarantee will be happening. (sooner or later).

The 5th avenue has been nothing short of dead reliable over the last year or so, just regular maintenance. I did have a buddy of mine help me put new torsion bar bushings in, because the original ones were wasted. I've also got to service the cooling system come spring. New water pump, etc. because it's just time to do it. Nothing is broke (yet). Oh! I also got a fabulous new headliner put in, which I can share in another post if people are interested.

Anyway, I'm back, and things are doing well. Now, I have some posts to catch up on!

IMG_3975.JPG

Justwondering

Reaction score
Sorry you are walking my path in a much, much shorter timeframe. But glad things are going well on the auto front!

Its tough to do the school thing at the same time -- but you are doing the right thing to stay focused on the degree.

Clearing out the houses will take some time.. I just kept reminding myself its like eating an elephant -- one bite at a time.

Back