Inside Door Panel Top Rails

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I cant remember what they are called. The metal rails that go on top of the door panels and rest against the windows what are they called?. Mine are shot. I need two new ones. Thank You.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
They make the window felt weather strip for Steele Rubber Products and other vehicles. I also found out today Steele Rubber Products gets there top roof rail weather stripping from Metro so have no clue where I am gonna find weather stripping I need.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I got my "cat whiskers" or whatever you want to call them from these guys. Both inner and outers. Fit perfectly and look 99% the same as OEM.
http://www.restorationspecialties.com/index.html

Good to hear you've got a winner.
I was thinking of calling them about door weatherstripping but from what I understand it's all made by Steele or Metro and we all know how that turns out....

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Took me well over 12 hours adjusting both doors on the aspen. Got them pretty close anyways. We should design our own seals for our rides and then we would be rich. What a pain in the butt having to adjust the doors so that seals would fit.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I have to fabricate an aesthetically pleasing solution for the Volare very soon.....I'll let you know how I do....

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I spent so much time adjusting the doors and the glass to make them fit. Needless to say nothing should be as complicated when it comes to two pieces of weather stripping. Not a lot you can do when you get pissed just take a break or a few breaks and then start the process all over again. It has been so hot here and my garage doesn't have air. I came close a few times to ripping the entire doors off I was so aggravated. Glad it is done.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We can't forget also, when these cars were new the glass and doors didn't fit exactly perfect either. I've known people who had bought an Aspen 2 door brand new and they remember water leaks and wind leaks/noise from day one. Hate to say it...........late '70 quality wasn't what it once was (for any make or model).

Back