Introducing New Member: 60Buick

60Buick

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, i just bought an 88 Diplomat. This is my 2nd M body. I had a perfect 84 Gran Fury a few years ago which was stolen and scrapped. I have a shop where I restore antique vehicles. I like a little of everything and am not brand loyal although Mopars are the most plentiful vehicle I own. Some are restored others are rough. My collection has everything from WW2 military vehicles to tail fins and muscle cars. I like weird stuff and prefer more doors, wagons and service vehicles.

Last edited:

60Buick

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Any pics?

Here's a few highlights of my collection. This is the Diolomat. It was on death row about to go into the crusher. They are lining up the next batch to scrap. It is a retired patrol car.
Screenshot_20190409-074340_Gallery_crop_540x316.jpg
this is a Hurst Gremlin clone I restored last year. I wanted a real one but they don't really exist anymore.
Screenshot_20190409-074849_Gallery_crop_432x284.jpg
he are some more of my weird cars no body else wants. 75 Pacer survivor, 77 Chevette survivor, the are 3 Gremlins in that picture, a factory black X, an XR-401 clone and the Hurst Gremlin clone. 2 of my Panther wagons. A 79 Single headlight LTD survivor and an 83 Colony Park I'm restoring. I have 5 more Panther wagons.
Screenshot_20190409-085455_Gallery_crop_540x303.jpg
This is a 68 Charger. It's options make it weird. It is an R/T with no vinyl top and a 4 speed. Pretty rare combo. It's really rough and stripped. I have been gathering pieces and parts cars to rebuild it.
Screenshot_20190409-085403_Gallery_crop_432x247.jpg
This is a 70 Honda coupe. The motor was rebuilt but I have not fired it off yet. It has some rust issues but is savable.
Screenshot_20190409-074413_Gallery_crop_522x304.jpg
this is my 60 Belvedere. I had several 57-58 Plymouth Furys and Belvedere's at one time. When the prices got stupid for Christine clones I sold a rough 57 Fury and bought this 60 and paid for this cars restoration with the sale of that one car. Ironically this car was a very poor Christine clone when I bought it.
Screenshot_20190409-074452_Gallery_crop_463x244.jpg
these are 1960 Buick Flxible Coaches. Pretty rare cars. They made 11 Ambulances like the one on the right. They made 4 Limousine style hearses line what is on the left. I have a 2nd Limousine hearse in black and an enclosed Landau Hearse as well. They made 6 of those.
Screenshot_20190409-074729_Gallery_crop_540x242.jpg
this is a Dodge Korean war era Ambulance. We also have a Marine Corps version built during the Vietnam war.
Screenshot_20190409-074949_Gallery_crop_432x432.jpg
this is a 74 Checker cab. It had some rust issues but is a good driving car and is very repairable.
Screenshot_20190409-075111_Gallery_crop_387x249.jpg

60Buick

Reaction score
Thank you. My wife and I have more than we know what to do with but the cars tend to find us. I have learned, since we aren't collecting desirable vehicles we can have a larger collection. As an example, my wife was just given a nice 63 Valiant 4 door for free by a friend that couldn't sell it and didn't want it destroyed but wanted it gone. I have a 62 Valiant 4 door so he figured we needed a 63 to keep it company.
That stuff happens quite a bit. Sometimes we sell them off later but try to have fun with them as they come.
The people that complain about old car prices bug me. A lot of old cars are dirt cheap, just not the popular models. The same argument could be made for new cars if you only look at Ferrari's on a Camry budget.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Nice collection. Those all bring back a lot of memories from when they were new, and plentiful on the streets.

60Buick

Reaction score
Yeah, me to. Some of my friends don't get why I have some of the cars I have but you nailed it. That's why I bought the Diplomat, memories. My grandparents bought an 84 Gran Fury new and when they passed they left it to me. Unfortunately some low life stole it and scrapped it for a few bucks. It was recovered but completely destroyed. It was not saved, and now that I have the skills to save it it's about 10 years to late. We're kept it for about 5 years before it was scrapped. The car was fork lifted which destroyed the roof. The drivers windows were shattered. The cats were torched off and the car was rolled on its pass side and crushed in. This is it the day it left. This picture is at the best angle to not show damage, it was really bad. It looks somewhat rough but it was show room new before being stolen. Garaged kept everyday with 106,000 miles. I would line to find another optioned similarly.

Screenshot_20190410-195849_Gallery_crop_539x432.jpg

Screenshot_20190410-195849_Gallery_crop_539x432.jpg

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I like weird stuff and prefer more doors, wagons and service vehicles.
Looks like a great and interesting collection! I like your preferences for unusual and more doors, and of course, wagons - not that I'm biased or anything. I never understood why so many collectors don't like the four ("more") doors much. It seems hypocritical particularly when so many of these same people insist on four door trucks, but scoff at four door cars. I had a very hard time finding a "standard cab" (two door) truck, and that was a long time ago now. I have never had a four door F, only one T-top Aspen and a whole bunch of F wagons. But, I wouldn't think twice about buying a four door if one caught my eye. Anyway, welcome!

Last edited:
Back