Introducing New Member: BigOlPossum

BigOlPossum

Reaction score
Greetings! I am a former owner of a 1976 Plymounth Volare station wagon with a 318 and a 1976 Aspen with a Slant Six. My dad bought a 76 Aspen wagon new when I was 7.

Fast forward to 2019, I just bought a 1979 Aspen Coupe as a 50th birthday present to myself. It needs some work, but it has a Super Six and the car has only 33K original miles on it. I am doing the wrench turning, and I have a young man who is going to do the body work for me. The paint is all original, but I think that it will have to end up with a new paint job when we are done with fixing the dings, dents, and rear fender rust that it has.

Anyone have a rear bumper they want to make me a deal on?

2019-11-04 19.46.16.jpg

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Wow! In the pictures the car looks like a million bucks. You definitely have yourself a good 20 footer there to start with. Nice find!

BigOlPossum

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. I think it looks great, too! The guy I bought it from got it in a package deal when he was buying two Trans-Ams, which is his deal. I have to figure out what size 15 inch tires to mount on these, as these 235s rub on the wheel well when you take a sharp curve...

Justwondering

Reaction score
A car AND a garage for the car...
my hat is off to your work area and your work project.

JW

BigOlPossum

Reaction score
A car AND a garage for the car...
my hat is off to your work area and your work project.

JW

This is the garage of the guy I bought it from. I am working on it in my pole barn, but it is protected from the elements on 3 sides by the dump truck on one side, a pontoon boat on the other side, and a 48 foot furniture trailer behind.

New pics once I get some of the body work tackled!

Justwondering

Reaction score
Well ... I have a shade tree that I periodically put new cardboard under so I don't lay in the dirt.
I'm thinking a pole barn is a step up in the world for me.

You know, maybe I should rethink my work area and shoot for a pole barn instead of a garage.

hmmmm

I don't have a boat or a dump truck, but I've got a tractor and a Willys pickup (in progress). That would shelter me from the elements a bit.

JW

BigOlPossum

Reaction score
When I first saw what became my farm, I drove up and found 2 pole barns, a 26x30 garage, and a house with a 2-bay carport attached.

I told the wife to go inside the house and make sure there was a kitchen or something. I spent my time out there. My son and I put plywood walls and shelves in the garage, along with a 14x16 electronics workshop. It took me almost 50 years, but I finally have the garage and shop I always wanted. The only thing lacking is a lift! The best part is that my son is finally getting into working on cars. I bought him a 1976 F-100 for $375 and drove it home! It has also become a good father-son project.

After 3 years and almost $30,000 spent in fixing and building and upgrades, here I am. The furniture trailer (possum belly semi trailer) will before long contain a bunch of the stuff in the garage and let me move cars in to work on them when it really gets cold!

Well ... I have a shade tree that I periodically put new cardboard under so I don't lay in the dirt.
I'm thinking a pole barn is a step up in the world for me.

You know, maybe I should rethink my work area and shoot for a pole barn instead of a garage.

hmmmm

I don't have a boat or a dump truck, but I've got a tractor and a Willys pickup (in progress). That would shelter me from the elements a bit.

JW

Justwondering

Reaction score
I will enjoy your pictures once you post them.
You should have enough 'posts' for the system to let you post pictures - or will soon.

JW

Back