Introducing New Member: BigOlPossum

Welcome Wagon

1. BigOlPossum

BigOlPossum Member

2. BigOlPossum

BigOlPossum Member

Greetings! I am a former owner of a 1976 Plymounth Volare station wagon with a 318 and a 1976 Aspen with a Slant Six. My dad bought a 76 Aspen wagon new when I was 7.

Fast forward to 2019, I just bought a 1979 Aspen Coupe as a 50th birthday present to myself. It needs some work, but it has a Super Six and the car has only 33K original miles on it. I am doing the wrench turning, and I have a young man who is going to do the body work for me. The paint is all original, but I think that it will have to end up with a new paint job when we are done with fixing the dings, dents, and rear fender rust that it has.

Anyone have a rear bumper they want to make me a deal on?

2019-11-04 19.46.16.jpg

Oldiron440, Duke5A and Camtron like this.
  3. Darth-Car

Darth-Car Well-Known Member

Wow! In the pictures the car looks like a million bucks. You definitely have yourself a good 20 footer there to start with. Nice find!

BigOlPossum likes this.
  4. BigOlPossum

BigOlPossum Member

Thanks for the kind words. I think it looks great, too! The guy I bought it from got it in a package deal when he was buying two Trans-Ams, which is his deal. I have to figure out what size 15 inch tires to mount on these, as these 235s rub on the wheel well when you take a sharp curve...