Introducing New Member: Billy007

Billy007

Reaction score
Third generation Chrysler buyer until my lemon 1988 Shelby Turbo Daytona, but I have gotten over that and now have warm fuzzy feelings for all things Mopar.

Billy007

Reaction score
Mirada.jpg
Yep its still me boys and girls. Decided I need to show a picture of my baby. Unfortunately, this is a 25 year old picture (have had her since 1986) and raising a family of little urchins' who loved to bump into her with trikes and bikes, and Lord knows what else, she no longer looks this way. But fear not friends and neighbors, our innocent Mopar is in a kindly car doctor's office. Since June she has been in the care of an auto body perfectionist and has been taking her mostly apart and stripped to bare metal. Soon (we hope) you will see new pictures.

Billy007

Reaction score
View attachment 18979 Yep its still me boys and girls. Decided I need to show a picture of my baby. Unfortunately, this is a 25 year old picture (have had her since 1986) and raising a family of little urchins' who loved to bump into her with trikes and bikes, and Lord knows what else, she no longer looks this way. But fear not friends and neighbors, our innocent Mopar is in a kindly car doctor's office. Since June she has been in the care of an auto body perfectionist and has been taking her mostly apart and stripped to bare metal. Soon (we hope) you will see new pictures.

Billy007

Reaction score
View attachment 18979 Yep its still me boys and girls. Decided I need to show a picture of my baby. Unfortunately, this is a 25 year old picture (have had her since 1986) and raising a family of little urchins' who loved to bump into her with trikes and bikes, and Lord knows what else, she no longer looks this way. But fear not friends and neighbors, our innocent Mopar is in a kindly car doctor's office. Since June she has been in the care of an auto body perfectionist and has been taking her mostly apart and stripped to bare metal. Soon (we hope) you will see new pictures.

Billy007

Reaction score
Hmmm, I seem to have flooded my own posting with duplicates. Oh well, never was the sharpest tool in the shed.

Billy007

Reaction score
Thank you . The car suffered a bunch of dings and dents, plus the indignity of being made to sit outside in the elements for three years when the missus announced that our minivan (!) needed to stay inside the garage to protect it from rusting. Well, that minivan rusted out anyhow (a Mazda MPV, think it was from left over radiation after being made in Hiroshima?) Poor Mirada had mean birds use it for a toilet and the paint cracked and suffered. Never did have any rust, though. I bought it at 40K miles when it was three years old and was pristine then. As it was a second car, never drove it hardly at all in the winter, seems to me the last snow it saw was 1988 when we got caught in a blizzard outside of Omaha. Never handled well in the snow anyhow. Not a spot of rust on it, my body shop man was truly amazed when I brought her in for a paint job. Insisted it needed a grand paint job, so down to the metal and the door dings got the proper treatment, not filler. He DID GET all excited to show me a dime sized spot of surface rust on the inside of the right rear fender, told me he was going to cut it out and put new steel there, I told him to just sand it down, but he insisted. I think he has a crush on the car. Going to have it painted the same color, Nightwatch Blue Metallic, I think its called. Inside the car looks brand new, though the seat needs a re springing or something, might be my added weight over the years, hard to say. The headliner wants to fall down after 34 years (the gall!). Got it tacked up okay right now until I figure out a better plan. Its a nice car on the road, very comfortable, air works nice. Gets lots of thumbs up when I drive by, many people have no idea what it is. How funny is that?

Back