Introducing New Member: G&K Automotive Fab

Reaction score
Thanks man I joined on cause I have an '80 Aspen R/T I bought a while back and the frames totally shot on it but it has tons of useable parts, now ultimately unless someone wants the car whole I'm probably going to end up parting it out and as it's a relatively rare car I figured not many parts are probably out there so do you know anyone on here who'd be interested or the best place to put up a thread to let people know? I'm going to pull the engine and tranny and I'd really like to be able to help someone out if they want specific or original parts

Joe12459

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! If you were to repair the frame and restore or resto-mod the Aspen, that would probably go a long way in promoting your Fab Shop! The car itself might not make sense financially, but it might turn into a great advertising tool, especially if you take tons of pics. And you'd be rescuing a cool car.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
A new business dosen't need a money pit, it's a great way to go broke.

Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at on it, yeah it'd be a cool car restored and I'm sure done well it would get our name out but when I've got to dump as much money into it as it would be to buy a new lift and tire machine it really just doesn't make all that much sense as a start up project plus at this point I've got pretty limited resources as I'm trying to build up capital to afford to build or buy a real shop instead of a 4 car garage. I really won't be on track to grow into a legit fab shop for at least a couple years of accumulating more tools, customers, a better shop etc. If I was where I plan to be in 5 years and got ahold of the car you bet it would be a great promotional build but where I'm at right now it really wouldn't make financial sense to go through with a total build on the car hence my wanting to part it out or sell it to someone who would want to do something with it.

Back