Introducing New Member: Intrepolicious

Intrepolicious

Reaction score
Howdy folks, the name is Ed. I'm a 47 year old long time Mopar enthusiast from Florida. I just purchased a 1980 Chrysler Cordoba with the 318 as a project/hobby car, and general in town transportation.

This 318 has already had the lean burn carb setup removed and converted.

My previous project car was a 1998 Dodge Intrepid. This car is long gone, but has been preserved in pictures, along with my long list of modifications which can be seen here:
<<<Intrep_Ed's new sig thread>>> - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

Last edited:

Intrepolicious

Reaction score
IMG_0370.JPG
IMG_0365.JPG
Welcome aboard! Sweet Intrepid! Post lots of pics of your new ride!
Thanks! Will do... I just brought her home yesterday. She needs a bath and a good wax job, but here's a couple pics of her:

Justwondering

Reaction score
wonderful car...

My last car was a Chrysler Concorde and I loved it.
Hated the plastic water pump that required the engine to be pulled to replace it both times it failed.
Watched the crusher kill it with a tear in my eye.

Have an 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue now.

Intrepolicious

Reaction score
wonderful car...

My last car was a Chrysler Concorde and I loved it.
Hated the plastic water pump that required the engine to be pulled to replace it both times it failed.
Watched the crusher kill it with a tear in my eye.

Have an 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue now.
Ah a fellow previous LH owner who's gone back to an older Mopar. Yeah, I miss my LH a lot, but I'm happy to now have an engine that I can at least get my hands down beside... and from what I've heard, these 318's are pretty bulletproof once you upgrade the plastic timing sprockets.
Thanks! Her and I are still getting acquainted.

I'm very happy to have found you guys here and this site btw!

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm thinking she's just a 'plastic' girl in a material world.
Probably drives something that looks exactly like 90 % of the rest of the folks' cars.

Intrepolicious

Reaction score
One of the first things I want to do soon, is upgrade the nylon timing gears, and a new chain. I've also read about an aftermarket timing chain tensioner that will fit the 318. Anyone here got a part number for that?

Back