Introducing New Member: jer

jer

Reaction score
Well, thanks for the kind welcome!

I was a member many moons ago, but was largely inactive at least with F-body stuff for quite a while. My middle son, Chris, purchased a car from Chris (kit kar chris?) way back around 2007, maybe earlier. '80 SE with T-tops, originally a six, with AC. And this was the cleanest F-body we've ever owned!

Anyway, we dragged it back to Rochester, swapped in a V8 K, dropped in a mild 318, trans with a kit, duals to T/A mufflers and side exhaust, and an 8 3/4 B Body rear with a 3.55 SG. Chris drove it for quite a while as one of his summer toys. See pictures of pickup. We were younger then by a bit (Mohawk Chris and KitCarChris?)

Trip17.jpg

Trip18.jpg

Last edited:

jer

Reaction score
Anyway, life goes on and Chris ended up moving to NC, and the Aspen was parked in the barn in 2011. He called last year and said he had no desire to drive a car without AC down there, and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. So, now I'm the happy owner of the Aspen. I put it back on the road late last summer and I have to say, that car gets a LOT of thumbs-up and people wandering over to look at it.

I plan to pick up the few pieces needed to clean it up, and probably swap the e/t/rearend back to a more-stock look (well, I'll use another 318, not a six) and if all goes well, a new coat of paint.

And you're right, Chris has an F-body stash! If I were smart then.....

Back